Explore Careers - Job Market Report
This unit group includes plumbing and other pipefitting trade contractors who own and operate their own businesses. This group also includes supervisors who supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers classified in the following unit groups: <i>Plumbers</i> (7251), <i>Steamfitters, Pipefitters and Sprinkler System Installers</i> (7252) and <i>Gas Fitters</i> (7253). They are employed by construction companies, mechanical, plumbing and pipefitting trade contractors and maintenance departments of industrial, commercial and manufacturing establishments.
contractor, pipefitting, contractor, plumbing, foreman/woman, gas fitters, foreman/woman, pipefitters, foreman/woman, plumbers, foreman/woman, sprinkler system installers, foreman/woman, steamfitters, supervisor, gas fitters, supervisor, plumbers, supervisor, steamfitters.
- Supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of workers who install, repair and maintain piping systems used for the transmission of steam, heat, water, oil and other liquids and gases in residential, commercial, industrial and other installations
- Establish methods to meet work schedules and co-ordinate work activities with other departments
- Requisition materials and supplies
- Resolve work problems and recommend measures to improve productivity
- Train or arrange for training of workers
- Recommend personnel actions such as hirings and promotions
- Ensure standards for safe working conditions are observed
- Prepare schedules and other reports
- May manage the operations of own company
- May supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of related apprentices, helpers and labourers.
Jobs for Contractors and Supervisors, Pipefitting Trades in Windsor-Sarnia Region
Job opportunities from Job Bank and contributing job sites are updated daily.
There are currently no job offers available in Windsor-Sarnia Region for this occupation.
Where to look for job opportunities
Job postings can be found in many places: on the Internet, on community bulletin boards, at job fairs or in newspaper
help wanted sections.
Information about available work is often circulated through managers, employees and business associates, as well as through family, friends and acquaintances. Networking Link opens in a new window is one of the best ways to search for jobs.
RSS job search feed
Subscribe to the Canada’s National Job Bank's RSS job search feedLink opens in a new window and receive automatic job posting updates for the location and occupation you have selected.
- Date Modified: