Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Grain elevator operators purchase grain from farmers, determine the grade, quality and weight of grain delivered, and maintain records for farmers and companies. They are employed by licensed grain elevator companies.
assistant grain elevator manager, grain elevator district manager, grain elevator operator, primary grain elevator operator.
- Calculate grain quota from information supplied by farmers and the Canadian Wheat Board
- Record quota and subsequent deliveries of grain from individual farmers
- Examine grain samples and conduct tests to determine grade and quality of grain
- Purchase grain and arrange for transport or storage of grain
- Weigh and record type of grain received or in storage and report data to grain company and Canadian Wheat Board
- Supervise activities of workers who operate equipment to clean and move grain in the elevator and who load trucks and rail cars, or operate equipment themselves to perform these activities
- Act as a farm supply sales agent for fertilizers, insecticides, and other farm supplies
- Maintain proper operation of elevator equipment.
Wages for Grain Elevator Operators in Windsor-Sarnia Region
Wages depend on job requirements and work conditions. They also vary between regions, for reasons such as location, labour agreements, and the availability of workers. The wages below are estimated before taxes.
- Date Modified: