Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Cardiology technologists operate electrocardiogram and other electronic equipment to record cardiac activity of patients to aid in the diagnosis and treatment of heart disease. They are employed in hospitals and clinics. Cardiology technologists who are supervisors or instructors are included in this unit group.
cardiac stress technologist, cardiology supervisor, cardiology technologist, electrocardiographic (ECG) technologist, electrocardiography technologist.
- Operate electrocardiogram and other electronic equipment to record cardiac activity of patients
- Perform cardiovascular procedures and tests, such as electrocardiograms, exercise tolerance tests, ambulatory monitoring and scanning of tapes, pacemaker analysis and follow-up, and echocardiogram
- Record and assess cardiac activity and provide preliminary reports of tests
- Provide patients with care during procedures and tests
- Prepare reports for interpretation by cardiologists
- Reprogram pacemakers according to required standards
- Check cardiology equipment to ensure proper operation
- May analyze test and notify physician or other health care professionals
- May administer certain drugs under direct supervision of physician
- May document and record pacemaker implant threshold measurements under direct supervision of cardiac surgeon
- May supervise and train students, other cardiology technologists and nurses.
Wages for Cardiology Technologists in Windsor-Sarnia Region
Wages depend on job requirements and work conditions. They also vary between regions, for reasons such as location, labour agreements, and the availability of workers. The wages below are estimated before taxes.
Due to data limitations, the wage for this occupation cannot be published. Please refer to the wage published for this occupation at the provincial or territorial level.
- Date Modified: