Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Engineering inspectors and regulatory officers inspect transportation vehicles such as aircraft, watercraft, automobiles and trucks and weighing and measuring devices such as scales and meters as well as industrial instruments, processes and equipment for conformity to government and industry standards and regulations. They are employed by government agencies and in the private sector.
airworthiness inspector, elevator inspector, engineering inspector, inspector, air carrier maintenance, inspector, air transport, inspector, electricity and gas meters, inspector, weights and measures, insurance loss prevention inspector, marine damage surveyor, motor vehicle defects investigator, railway accident investigation officer, regulatory officer, engineering.
- Motor vehicles defects investigators conduct motor vehicle and motor vehicle component defect investigations, examinations, tests and defect-related accident investigations; provide expert advice and testimony on specific motor vehicle performance problems or defects and recommend improvements in vehicle inspection and licensing procedures and vehicle safety standards.
- Railway accident investigation officers collect and analyze data from train derailments, collisions, and other accidents to determine the causes and inspect and evaluate railway property, structures, rolling stock, signals, track structure and train handling characteristics to ensure compliance to operating standards.
- Airworthiness inspectors conduct initial and regular inspections of establishments and individuals holding or applying for air carrier operating certificates and establishments engaged in aircraft maintenance, repair or modification; inspect aircraft, advise of any deficiencies and detain aircraft suspected of being unairworthy or unsafe.
- Inspectors, weights and measures conduct inspections and tests of a variety of mechanical and electronic weighing and measuring devices and systems; prepare draft investigative reports of findings and recommend corrective or enforcement action.
Outlook & Prospects for Engineering Inspectors and Regulatory Officers in Windsor-Sarnia Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Local Labour Market News
Week of Jun 03 – Jun 07, 2013
- German-based manufacturer Krinner Group recently opened a plant in Chatham, will hire up to 20 employees including administrators, operators, welders and forklift drivers
- The Town of Lakeshore in Essex County has approved a 74-lot subdivision by developer Marcel St. John with construction expected to begin this summer
- Wellington Builders of Lambton County will begin construction at the end of this month on a $14.6M project to expand St. Christopher Catholic Secondary School in Sarnia
Week of May 27 – May 31, 2013
Week of May 20 – May 24, 2013
- The new $5M Galaxy Cinema Sarnia will open in June at the Lambton Mall, replacing the Famous Players Lambton theatre
- The Windsor-Essex Catholic District School Board plans to lay off close to 200 elementary and secondary school teachers at the end of June due to low enrolment
Week of May 13 – May 17, 2013
- Waterville TG Inc. plans to hire between 60 to 80 workers for its Petrolia manufacturing plant near Sarnia by the end of this year
- Windsor's Sherway Contracting Ltd. and Chatham’s Henry Hyink Construction Ltd. will complete three watermain and road re-construction projects in Leamington worth about $1.7M
- Date Modified: