Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Database analysts design, develop and administer data management solutions using database management software. Data administrators develop and implement data administration policy, standards and models. They are employed in information technology consulting firms and in information technology units throughout the private and public sectors.
data administrator, data custodian, data dictionary administrator, data warehouse analyst, database administrator (DBA), database analyst, database architect, technical architect – database.
- Collect and document user's requirements
- Design and develop database architecture for information systems projects
- Design, construct, modify, integrate, implement and test data models and database management systems
- Conduct research and provide advice to other informatics professionals regarding the selection, application and implementation of database management tools
- Operate database management systems to analyze data and perform data mining analysis.
- May lead, co-ordinate or supervise other workers in this group.
- Develop and implement data administration policy, standards and models
- Research and document data requirements, data collection and administration policy, data access rules and security
- Develop policies and procedures for network and/or internet database access and usage and for the backup and recovery of data
- Conduct research and provide advice to other information systems professionals regarding the collection, availability, security and suitability of data
- Write scripts related to stored procedures and triggers
- May lead and co-ordinate teams of data administrators in the development and implementation of data policies, standards and models.
Outlook & Prospects for Database Analysts and Data Administrators in Windsor-Sarnia Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Local Labour Market News
Week of Jun 03 – Jun 07, 2013
- German-based manufacturer Krinner Group recently opened a plant in Chatham, will hire up to 20 employees including administrators, operators, welders and forklift drivers
- The Town of Lakeshore in Essex County has approved a 74-lot subdivision by developer Marcel St. John with construction expected to begin this summer
- Wellington Builders of Lambton County will begin construction at the end of this month on a $14.6M project to expand St. Christopher Catholic Secondary School in Sarnia
Week of May 27 – May 31, 2013
Week of May 20 – May 24, 2013
- The new $5M Galaxy Cinema Sarnia will open in June at the Lambton Mall, replacing the Famous Players Lambton theatre
- The Windsor-Essex Catholic District School Board plans to lay off close to 200 elementary and secondary school teachers at the end of June due to low enrolment
Week of May 13 – May 17, 2013
- Waterville TG Inc. plans to hire between 60 to 80 workers for its Petrolia manufacturing plant near Sarnia by the end of this year
- Windsor's Sherway Contracting Ltd. and Chatham’s Henry Hyink Construction Ltd. will complete three watermain and road re-construction projects in Leamington worth about $1.7M
- Date Modified: