Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Database analysts design, develop and administer data management solutions using database management software. Data administrators develop and implement data administration policy, standards and models. They are employed in information technology consulting firms and in information technology units throughout the private and public sectors.
data administrator, data custodian, data dictionary administrator, data warehouse analyst, database administrator (DBA), database analyst, database architect, technical architect – database.
- Collect and document user's requirements
- Design and develop database architecture for information systems projects
- Design, construct, modify, integrate, implement and test data models and database management systems
- Conduct research and provide advice to other informatics professionals regarding the selection, application and implementation of database management tools
- Operate database management systems to analyze data and perform data mining analysis.
- May lead, co-ordinate or supervise other workers in this group.
- Develop and implement data administration policy, standards and models
- Research and document data requirements, data collection and administration policy, data access rules and security
- Develop policies and procedures for network and/or internet database access and usage and for the backup and recovery of data
- Conduct research and provide advice to other information systems professionals regarding the collection, availability, security and suitability of data
- Write scripts related to stored procedures and triggers
- May lead and co-ordinate teams of data administrators in the development and implementation of data policies, standards and models.
Outlook & Prospects for Database Analysts and Data Administrators in Windsor-Sarnia Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Local Labour Market News
Week of Apr 29 – May 03, 2013
- A ground breaking ceremony for the $100M South Kent Wind Project, located in the Municipality of Chatham-Kent was held on May 1st
- Lambton Kent school Board issues layoff notices to 32 teachers due to declining enrolment
Week of Apr 22 – Apr 26, 2013
- Construction of $2.2M science labs at Dresden high school to commence late spring
- Construction of a 32,000 sq.-ft. building at new Leamington industrial park has started
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
- Construction started on the $57M multi-use recreational facility in the town of Lakeshore, near Windsor
- ElringKlinger Canada Inc. in Leamington is laying off 26 unionized workers on May 27
Week of Apr 08 – Apr 12, 2013
- Buffalo Wild Wings opened a new location at the Devonshire Mall in Windsor, creating 90 jobs
- LamSar Industrial Contractors in Sarnia will manufacture 20 process modules for Osum Oil Sands Corp. in Alberta, creating up to 45 jobs
- Date Modified: