Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Purchasing and inventory clerks process purchasing transactions and maintain inventories of materials, equipment and stock. They are employed by retail and wholesale establishments, manufacturing companies, government agencies and other establishments.
inventory analyst, inventory clerk, inventory control clerk, inventory planner, procurement clerk, purchasing clerk, purchasing clerk assistant.
- Review requisition orders for accuracy and verify that materials, equipment and stock are not available from current inventories
- Source and obtain price quotations from catalogues and suppliers and prepare purchase orders
- Calculate cost of orders and charge or forward invoices to appropriate accounts
- Process purchases within purchasing authority
- Contact suppliers to schedule deliveries and to resolve shortages, missed deliveries and other problems
- Prepare and maintain purchasing files, reports and price lists.
- Monitor inventory levels as materials, equipment and stock are issued, transferred within an establishment or sold to the public using manual or computerized inventory systems
- Compile inventory reports, recording the quantity, type and value of materials, equipment and stock on hand, using manual or computerized inventory systems
- Prepare requisition orders to replenish materials, equipment and stock
- Maintain stock rotation and dispose of and account for outdated stock
- Enter data for production scheduling, stock replenishment/relocation and inventory adjustments
- Reconcile physical inventories with computer counts.
Outlook & Prospects for Purchasing and Inventory Clerks in Windsor-Sarnia Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Local Labour Market News
Week of Apr 29 – May 03, 2013
- A ground breaking ceremony for the $100M South Kent Wind Project, located in the Municipality of Chatham-Kent was held on May 1st
- Lambton Kent school Board issues layoff notices to 32 teachers due to declining enrolment
Week of Apr 22 – Apr 26, 2013
- Construction of $2.2M science labs at Dresden high school to commence late spring
- Construction of a 32,000 sq.-ft. building at new Leamington industrial park has started
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
- Construction started on the $57M multi-use recreational facility in the town of Lakeshore, near Windsor
- ElringKlinger Canada Inc. in Leamington is laying off 26 unionized workers on May 27
Week of Apr 08 – Apr 12, 2013
- Buffalo Wild Wings opened a new location at the Devonshire Mall in Windsor, creating 90 jobs
- LamSar Industrial Contractors in Sarnia will manufacture 20 process modules for Osum Oil Sands Corp. in Alberta, creating up to 45 jobs
- Date Modified: