Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Residential home builders own, operate and manage companies engaged in the construction of new residential homes. Residential home renovators own, operate and manage companies engaged in the renovation of existing residential homes.
contractor, home renovation, contractor, residential homes, home builder, home renovator, renovation contractor, residential home builder.
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the activities of a residential home building or renovating company
- Prepare bids for home construction or renovation projects
- Consult with customers, architects and engineers regarding plans and specifications
- Select, employ and supervise trade subcontractors to do specialized work, such as plumbing, heating and electrical work
- Plan and prepare work schedules and co-ordinate the activities of subcontractors
- Inspect work performed by subcontractors to ensure quality and conformity with plans and specifications
- Prepare and maintain a directory of suppliers and trade subcontractors
- Develop and implement marketing and advertising strategies to promote company's products and services
- May perform carpentry or other trade work during home construction or renovation activities.
Outlook & Prospects for Residential Home Builders and Renovators in Windsor-Sarnia Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Nov 25 - Nov 29, 2013
- A $500K business centre for the Chippewas of Kettle and Stony Point First Nation will open early next year in Lambton County. It will contain a gas station and three retail spaces.
- Southside Group of London, Ontario will begin construction on a new $4M Central Lambton Family Health Team location in Petrolia at Englehart Park which will consolidate two separate sites under one roof
- Buttcon Ltd. will renovate the former Windsor Star building into the new School of Social Work and Centre for Executive and Professional Education for the University of Windsor. The $32M project should be completed by spring 2015.
- Approximately 300 construction workers have been laid off from the Herb Gray Parkway project in Windsor
- Date Modified: