Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Residential home builders own, operate and manage companies engaged in the construction of new residential homes. Residential home renovators own, operate and manage companies engaged in the renovation of existing residential homes.
contractor, home renovation, contractor, residential homes, home builder, home renovator, renovation contractor, residential home builder.
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the activities of a residential home building or renovating company
- Prepare bids for home construction or renovation projects
- Consult with customers, architects and engineers regarding plans and specifications
- Select, employ and supervise trade subcontractors to do specialized work, such as plumbing, heating and electrical work
- Plan and prepare work schedules and co-ordinate the activities of subcontractors
- Inspect work performed by subcontractors to ensure quality and conformity with plans and specifications
- Prepare and maintain a directory of suppliers and trade subcontractors
- Develop and implement marketing and advertising strategies to promote company's products and services
- May perform carpentry or other trade work during home construction or renovation activities.
Outlook & Prospects for Residential Home Builders and Renovators in Windsor-Sarnia Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Local Labour Market News
Week of Apr 29 – May 03, 2013
- A ground breaking ceremony for the $100M South Kent Wind Project, located in the Municipality of Chatham-Kent was held on May 1st
Week of Apr 22 – Apr 26, 2013
- Construction of $2.2M science labs at Dresden high school to commence late spring
- Construction of a 32,000 sq.-ft. building at new Leamington industrial park has started
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
- Construction started on the $57M multi-use recreational facility in the town of Lakeshore, near Windsor
Week of Apr 01 – Apr 05, 2013
- Construction of the South Kent Wind Project has started in the County of Chatham-Kent, generating up to 500 jobs during peak of construction
- Construction for a new emergency medical service station in Tecumseh will start in May
- Date Modified: