Explore Careers - Job Market Report
This unit group includes managers who plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the programs and activities of social service and community agencies, correctional institutions, counselling departments, labour organizations, professional associations, political parties and non-governmental organizations.
administrator, child welfare services, area manager, family services, association director, children's aid society director, correctional institution director, detention centre director, director, community centre, director, correctional treatment and training, environmental group director, income maintenance director, labour organization manager, membership services manager, political organization manager, prison warden, regional administrator, social services, social assistance director, social work director, trade association manager, volunteer services director.
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the delivery of social and community service programs such as income maintenance, children's aid and emergency housing services
- Manage the operations and activities of correctional facilities and detention centres
- Administer the programs of non-governmental organizations involved with social issues such as health care, human rights, consumer protection, international development and environmental protection
- Administer programs of membership organizations such as political parties, labour organizations, business and professional associations
- Establish administrative procedures to meet objectives set by board of directors or senior management
- Direct and advise professional and non-professional staff delivering services and programs to the general public and to the organization or association membership
- Plan, administer and control budgets for programs, equipment and support services
- Represent their respective organizations for the purpose of government liaison and media relations
- Participate in policy development by preparing reports and briefs for management committees and working groups
- Hire and provide training for professional and non-professional staff.
Outlook & Prospects for Managers in Social, Community and Correctional Services in Windsor-Sarnia Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Local Labour Market News
Week of Apr 01 – Apr 05, 2013
Week of Mar 25 – Mar 29, 2013
- Windsor-Essex Children’s Aid Society has laid off 18 case workers and family access workers due to budget constraints
Week of Mar 11 – Mar 15, 2013
- Fiddick’s Nursing Home will be hosting a job fair on March 26 and March 27 at Lambton College’s Employment & Learning Centre in Petrolia. The new nursing home will be open in April.
Week of Feb 25 – Mar 01, 2013
- Bluewater Health in Sarnia is consolidating its services due to funding reductions, affecting 23 employees and 12 vacant positions
- Maryvale Adolescent and Family Services has laid off six full-time and 16 part-time employees in Windsor
- Date Modified: