Explore Careers - Job Market Report
This unit group includes managers who plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate departments responsible for corporate governance and regulatory compliance, records management, security services, admissions and other administrative services not elsewhere classified. Also included in this unit group are managers responsible for departments involved in two or more of the following activities: finance, human resources, purchasing, computer systems or administrative services. Managers in this unit group are employed throughout the public and private sector.
business manager – non-profit organization, chief, administrative services, inventory control manager, manager, administrative services, manager, security, manager, support services, records administrator, regional administrative manager.
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operations of a department providing a single administrative service or several administrative services
- Direct and advise staff engaged in providing records management, security, finance, purchasing, human resources or other administrative services
- Direct and control corporate governance and regulatory compliance procedures within establishment
- Plan, administer and control budgets for contracts, equipment and supplies
- Prepare reports and briefs for management committees evaluating administrative services
- Interview, hire and oversee training for staff.
Outlook & Prospects for Other Administrative Services Managers in Windsor-Sarnia Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Nov 25 - Nov 29, 2013
- Alternative fuel source producer Innovative Hydrogen Solutions plans to begin manufacturing and assembly operations in Chatham-Kent in December, expects to hire 200 over the next five years
- A $500K business centre for the Chippewas of Kettle and Stony Point First Nation will open early next year in Lambton County. It will contain a gas station and three retail spaces.
- Imperial Oil Ltd. will close its Lubricant Blending Packing and Shipping Gate in Sarnia as it moves the operation to Edmonton in 2014, affecting up to 60 staff
- Heinz Canada to close its Leamington plant in mid-2014 affecting up to 740 employees
- Worthington Cyclinders of Canada Corp. in Tilbury will close its plant in January 2014, affecting close to 100 employees
- Lambton College¿s on-campus daycare program to close July 2014, affecting 21 staff
- Chatham-Kent Career Fair Thursday November 28 from 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. at St. Clair College HealthPlex in Chatham
- CenterLine (Windsor) Ltd. will create a welding centre of excellence, expand its manufacturing floor and upgrade machinery, creating 31 new jobs and retaining 482 positions
- Personal care products manufacturer Pax-All Manufacturing Inc. moved its operations from Mississauga to a plant in Essex County in LaSalle last spring. It expects to hire 15-20 workers as production gets fully underway.
- Duffy¿s Tavern Amherstburg Inc. expects to close its tavern, motel and marina by end of 2013 as owner retires, affecting 40 employees
- Date Modified: