Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Labourers in this unit group carry out a variety of material handling, cleaning and routine general labouring activities. They are employed by petroleum and natural gas processing, pipeline and petrochemical, chemical and pharmaceutical companies, and by electrical, water and waste treatment utilities.
cleaner, filter – chemical processing, cleaner, still – chemical processing, coating machine feeder – chemical processing, helper – chemical processing, labourer – gas utility, loader – chemical processing, retort unloader, water intake tender, waterworks labourer.
- Feed and unload production machinery and equipment
- Clean chemical processing machines and equipment and production areas
- Move, sort and pile materials and products manually and using powered equipment
- Assist other workers to operate, repair and maintain process equipment, gas distribution, water filtration and waste water plant equipment
- Perform general duties such as basic construction, painting and other manual tasks.
Outlook & Prospects for Labourers in Chemical Products Processing and Utilities in South Coast--Burin Peninsula Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|South Coast--Burin Peninsula Region||N/A||N/A|
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Nov 18 - Nov 22, 2013
- Talon Energy and Fleetway Facility Services have been awarded a major subsea fabrication contract from the Husky Energy White Rose Extension Project. Talon Energy is hiring welders, electricians, inspectors and administrators.
- Gray Aquaculture was granted an extension to its restructuring plan to November 18. Over the past year, Gray experienced a series of infectious salmon anemia cases, resulting in millions of dollars worth of fish having to be destroyed.
- About 150 workers at Cooke Aquaculture in Harbour Breton have been laid off due to a temporary shutdown of the plant after an outbreak of infectious salmon anemia was discovered
- The Four Corners Mining Corporation's project has discovered an area of platinum and palladium on the Burgeo Highway. The company plans to do further detailed soil surveys to determine the extent of the find.
- Gray Aqua has filed for bankruptcy protection. The company recently experienced a series of infectious salmon anemia cases, resulting in millions of dollars worth of fish having to be destroyed. Gray will proceed with a 30-day restructuring plan.
- Date Modified: