Explore Careers - Job Market Report
This unit group includes tradespersons and related skilled workers, not elsewhere classified, who repair, service, install, calibrate or fabricate a variety of products. They are employed by a wide range of establishments, or they may be self-employed.
aircraft patternmaker, farrier, gunsmith, locksmith, recreation vehicle technician, safe and vault servicer, saw fitter, small arms repairer, template maker.
- Gunsmiths fabricate guns and repair and modify firearms according to blueprints or customers' specifications.
- Locksmiths repair, install and adjust locks, make keys and change lock combinations.
- Recreation vehicle technicians repair or replace electrical wiring, plumbing, propane gas lines, appliances, windows, doors, cabinets and structural frames in recreational vehicles.
- Safe and vault servicers install, repair and maintain safes and vaults in banks and other establishments.
- Saw fitters repair, set and sharpen band saws, chain saws, circular saws and other types of saw blades according to specifications.
Outlook & Prospects for Other Trades and Related Occupations in South Coast--Burin Peninsula Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|South Coast--Burin Peninsula Region||2012-02-27|
According to the 2006 Census, only a small number of people are employed in this occupation in the South Coast-Burin region. Therefore, it is likely that the chances of finding employment in this occupation are LIMITED. This means that there are relatively weak employment opportunities for skilled workers in this occupation. Although employment opportunities are limited in the South Coast-Burin region, opportunities may exist in other regions of the province. People who are interested in work elsewhere should research the opportunities for this occupation in other labour markets across the province.
Local Labour Market News
Week of Apr 29 – May 03, 2013
- Eastern Health has started renovations to the Burin Peninsula Health Care Centre. Work to the central registration area is expected to be completed within two weeks.
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
- Renovations estimated at $740,000 have been completed at the Health Care Centre in Conne River. All public health and community care programs are now offered through the Conne River Health Centre.
Week of Apr 08 – Apr 12, 2013
- The Lions Club Building in Garnish on the Burin Peninsula has been destroyed by fire
- A new water treatment plant is opening in Marystown
Week of Mar 04 – Mar 08, 2013
- As a result of a partnership between the provincial government, Burgeo Broadcasting Systems and Ramea Communications, telecommunications access has been upgraded in Ramea, Grey River and François. The total cost of the project was $230,000.
- Date Modified: