Explore Careers - Job Market Report
This unit group includes tradespersons and related skilled workers, not elsewhere classified, who repair, service, install, calibrate or fabricate a variety of products. They are employed by a wide range of establishments, or they may be self-employed.
aircraft patternmaker, farrier, gunsmith, locksmith, recreation vehicle technician, safe and vault servicer, saw fitter, small arms repairer, template maker.
- Gunsmiths fabricate guns and repair and modify firearms according to blueprints or customers' specifications.
- Locksmiths repair, install and adjust locks, make keys and change lock combinations.
- Recreation vehicle technicians repair or replace electrical wiring, plumbing, propane gas lines, appliances, windows, doors, cabinets and structural frames in recreational vehicles.
- Safe and vault servicers install, repair and maintain safes and vaults in banks and other establishments.
- Saw fitters repair, set and sharpen band saws, chain saws, circular saws and other types of saw blades according to specifications.
Outlook & Prospects for Other Trades and Related Occupations in South Coast--Burin Peninsula Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|South Coast--Burin Peninsula Region||(1 of 3 stars)||2012-02-27|
According to the 2006 Census, only a small number of people are employed in this occupation in the South Coast-Burin region. Therefore, it is likely that the chances of finding employment in this occupation are LIMITED. This means that there are relatively weak employment opportunities for skilled workers in this occupation. Although employment opportunities are limited in the South Coast-Burin region, opportunities may exist in other regions of the province. People who are interested in work elsewhere should research the opportunities for this occupation in other labour markets across the province.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Nov 18 - Nov 22, 2013
- Talon Energy and Fleetway Facility Services have been awarded a major subsea fabrication contract from the Husky Energy White Rose Extension Project. Talon Energy is hiring welders, electricians, inspectors and administrators.
- Gray Aquaculture was granted an extension to its restructuring plan to November 18. Over the past year, Gray experienced a series of infectious salmon anemia cases, resulting in millions of dollars worth of fish having to be destroyed.
- About 150 workers at Cooke Aquaculture in Harbour Breton have been laid off due to a temporary shutdown of the plant after an outbreak of infectious salmon anemia was discovered
- The Four Corners Mining Corporation's project has discovered an area of platinum and palladium on the Burgeo Highway. The company plans to do further detailed soil surveys to determine the extent of the find.
- Gray Aqua has filed for bankruptcy protection. The company recently experienced a series of infectious salmon anemia cases, resulting in millions of dollars worth of fish having to be destroyed. Gray will proceed with a 30-day restructuring plan.
- Date Modified: