Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Mechanics in this unit group test, repair and service small gasoline and diesel-powered equipment, such as garden tractors, outboard motors, lawn mowers and other related equipment. They are employed by dealer service shops and by independent service establishments.
air-cooled engine mechanic, lawn and garden equipment technician, lawn mower repairer, gasoline powered, motor boat mechanic, outboard motor mechanic, small engine technician, small equipment mechanic apprentice, small equipment repairer.
- Review work orders and discuss work to be performed with supervisor
- Inspect and test engine, motors and other mechanical components using test devices to diagnose and isolate faults
- Adjust, repair or replace mechanical or electrical system parts and components using hand tools and equipment
- Test and adjust repaired equipment for proper performance
- Perform scheduled maintenance service on equipment
- Advise customers on work performed and general condition of equipment
- Determine estimates of repair cost.
Outlook & Prospects for Other Small Engine and Equipment Mechanics in South Coast--Burin Peninsula Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|South Coast--Burin Peninsula Region||2012-02-27|
According to the 2006 Census, only a small number of people are employed in this occupation in the South Coast-Burin region. Therefore, it is likely that the chances of finding employment in this occupation are LIMITED. This means that there are relatively weak employment opportunities for skilled workers in this occupation. Although employment opportunities are limited in the South Coast-Burin region, opportunities may exist in other regions of the province. People who are interested in work elsewhere should research the opportunities for this occupation in other labour markets across the province.
Local Labour Market News
Week of Apr 29 – May 03, 2013
- Eastern Health has started renovations to the Burin Peninsula Health Care Centre. Work to the central registration area is expected to be completed within two weeks.
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
- Renovations estimated at $740,000 have been completed at the Health Care Centre in Conne River. All public health and community care programs are now offered through the Conne River Health Centre.
Week of Apr 08 – Apr 12, 2013
- The Lions Club Building in Garnish on the Burin Peninsula has been destroyed by fire
- A new water treatment plant is opening in Marystown
Week of Mar 04 – Mar 08, 2013
- As a result of a partnership between the provincial government, Burgeo Broadcasting Systems and Ramea Communications, telecommunications access has been upgraded in Ramea, Grey River and François. The total cost of the project was $230,000.
- Date Modified: