Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Mechanics in this unit group test, repair and service small gasoline and diesel-powered equipment, such as garden tractors, outboard motors, lawn mowers and other related equipment. They are employed by dealer service shops and by independent service establishments.
air-cooled engine mechanic, lawn and garden equipment technician, lawn mower repairer, gasoline powered, motor boat mechanic, outboard motor mechanic, small engine technician, small equipment mechanic apprentice, small equipment repairer.
- Review work orders and discuss work to be performed with supervisor
- Inspect and test engine, motors and other mechanical components using test devices to diagnose and isolate faults
- Adjust, repair or replace mechanical or electrical system parts and components using hand tools and equipment
- Test and adjust repaired equipment for proper performance
- Perform scheduled maintenance service on equipment
- Advise customers on work performed and general condition of equipment
- Determine estimates of repair cost.
Outlook & Prospects for Other Small Engine and Equipment Mechanics in South Coast--Burin Peninsula Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|South Coast--Burin Peninsula Region||2012-02-27|
According to the 2006 Census, only a small number of people are employed in this occupation in the South Coast-Burin region. Therefore, it is likely that the chances of finding employment in this occupation are LIMITED. This means that there are relatively weak employment opportunities for skilled workers in this occupation. Although employment opportunities are limited in the South Coast-Burin region, opportunities may exist in other regions of the province. People who are interested in work elsewhere should research the opportunities for this occupation in other labour markets across the province.
Local Labour Market News
Week of Jun 03 – Jun 07, 2013
- The Canadian Food Inspection Agency has ordered that up to half a million fish at a salmon farm in Hermitage Bay are to be killed due to a case of infectious salmon anemia (ISA).
Week of May 27 – May 31, 2013
- The federal government and the government of NL announced the official opening of six new affordable housing units for seniors in Burin, NL
- The federal government and the government of NL announced the official opening of eight new affordable housing units for seniors and persons with disabilities in Salt Pond on the Burin Peninsula, NL
Week of May 13 – May 17, 2013
- The Government of Canada announced funding through the Atlantic Innovation Fund for three Charlottetown-based businesses (Island Abbey Foods, Delivra, and BioVectra) to develop new products and technologies
Week of Apr 29 – May 03, 2013
- Eastern Health has started renovations to the Burin Peninsula Health Care Centre. Work to the central registration area is expected to be completed within two weeks.
- Date Modified: