Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Officers and inspectors in this unit group enforce by-laws and regulations of provincial and municipal governments. They are employed by provincial and municipal governments and agencies.
animal control officer, by-law enforcement officer, commercial transport inspector, garbage collection inspector, liquor licence inspector, parking control officer, property standards inspector, taxi inspector, zoning inspector.
- Animal control officers respond to citizen complaints concerning stray domestic animals, livestock and wildlife; issue warnings and citations to owners; and impound lost, homeless and dangerous animals.
- By-law enforcement officers enforce municipal and provincial regulations, investigate complaints, and issue warnings and citations to commercial and residential property owners and occupants.
- Commercial transport inspectors inspect commercial vehicles to ensure compliance with regulations governing load restrictions, the transportation of hazardous materials and public safety.
- Garbage collection inspectors investigate complaints concerning infractions of garbage collection by-laws.
- Liquor licence inspectors conduct inspections of licensed establishments, advise licencees on laws and regulations, and report contravention of laws and regulations to provincial liquor control boards and agencies.
- Parking control officers enforce parking by-laws on city streets, regional roads and municipal properties.
- Taxi inspectors inspect taxicabs for mechanical reliability, cleanliness, licensing and meter accuracy; investigate public complaints, issue citations and prepare reports; and give evidence to city councils, taxi commissions and in court.
- Zoning inspectors investigate properties in violation of zoning and related by-laws, after receiving requests for licence clearances pertaining to zoning and related by-laws, and on receipt of building permit applications.
By-law enforcement officers may specialize in the enforcement of one specific by-law.
Jobs for By-Law Enforcement and Other Regulatory Officers, n.e.c. in South Coast--Burin Peninsula Region
Job opportunities from Job Bank and contributing job sites are updated daily.
There are currently no job offers available in South Coast--Burin Peninsula Region for this occupation.
Where to look for job opportunities
Job postings can be found in many places: on the Internet, on community bulletin boards, at job fairs or in newspaper
help wanted sections.
Information about available work is often circulated through managers, employees and business associates, as well as through family, friends and acquaintances. Networking Link opens in a new window is one of the best ways to search for jobs.
RSS job search feed
Subscribe to the Canada¿s National Job Bank's RSS job search feedLink opens in a new window and receive automatic job posting updates for the location and occupation you have selected.
- Date Modified: