Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Program leaders and instructors in recreation, sport and fitness lead and instruct groups and individuals in recreational, sports, fitness or athletic programs. They are employed by community centres, sports and fitness clubs, outdoor centres, resorts, recreational facilities, health care facilities, correctional institutions, government departments, private businesses, tourism associations and similar establishments.
Certified personal trainer, aerobics instructor, camp counsellor, day camp leader, fitness instructor, gymnastics teacher, lifeguard, personal trainer, playground worker, recreation program leader, riding instructor, ski instructor, ski patrol, swimming instructor – sports.
- Plan and carry out recreational, athletic, fitness and sports activities
- Assemble supplies and sports and game equipment
- Demonstrate and instruct athletic, fitness or sports activities and techniques
- Instruct groups and individuals in arts, crafts and similar activities and lead groups and individuals in recreational or leisure programs
- Attend to clients with special needs
- Provide lifestyle awareness information
- Conduct therapeutic recreational or athletic activities
- Monitor recreational, sports or fitness activities to ensure safety and provide emergency or first aid assistance when required
- Enforce safety rules and regulations
- Assist with co-ordination of special events
- Schedule activities, keep logs, maintain records and prepare reports
- May train and supervise staff
- May maintain and repair sports equipment.
Outlook & Prospects for Program Leaders and Instructors in Recreation, Sport and Fitness in South Coast--Burin Peninsula Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|South Coast--Burin Peninsula Region||N/A||N/A|
Local Labour Market News
Week of Nov 05 – Nov 09, 2012
- The Eastern School Board amended a motion to close Swift Current Academy and offered a new plan to keep the school open for students in kindergarten to Grade 9
Week of Sep 10 – Sep 14, 2012
Week of Sep 03 – Sep 07, 2012
- Seventeen schools in western NL have lost funding for their Community in Schools Program creating layoffs
Week of Jun 25 – Jun 29, 2012
- Date Modified: