Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Information systems analysts and consultants conduct research, develop and implement information systems development plans, policies and procedures, and provide advice on a wide range of information systems issues. They are employed in information technology consulting firms and in information technology units throughout the private and public sectors, or they may be self-employed.
IT (information technology) consultant, computer consultant, computer systems analyst, informatics consultant, informatics security analyst, information systems business analyst, information systems quality assurance analyst, management information systems (MIS) analyst, systems auditor, systems consultant, systems security analyst.
- Information systems business analysts and consultants confer with clients to identify and document requirements, conduct business and technical studies, design, develop, integrate and implement information systems business solutions, and provide advice on information systems strategy, policy, management, security and service delivery.
- Systems security analysts confer with clients to identify and document requirements, assess physical and technical security risks to data, software and hardware, and develop policies, procedures and contingency plans to minimize the effects of security breaches.
- Information systems quality assurance analysts develop and implement policies and procedures throughout the software development life cycle to maximize the efficiency, effectiveness and overall quality of software products and information systems.
- Systems auditors conduct independent third-party reviews to assess quality assurance practices, software products and information systems.
Outlook & Prospects for Information Systems Analysts and Consultants in South Coast--Burin Peninsula Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|South Coast--Burin Peninsula Region||2011-11-07|
According to the 2006 Census, only a small number of people are employed in this occupation in the South Coast - Burin region. Therefore, it is likely that the chances of finding employment in this occupation are LIMITED. This means that there are relatively weak employment opportunities for skilled workers in this occupation. Although employment opportunities are limited in the South Coast - Burin region, opportunities may exist in other regions of the province. People who are interested in work elsewhere should research the opportunities for this occupation in other labour markets across the province.
Local Labour Market News
Week of Apr 08 – Apr 12, 2013
- A new water treatment plant is opening in Marystown
Week of Feb 18 – Feb 22, 2013
Week of Dec 31 – Jan 04, 2012
- The provincial government announced funding of $219,000 for the purchase of a new firefighting tanker truck for the community of Baine Harbour
Week of Nov 26 – Nov 30, 2012
- The provincial government has announced $250,000 in funding to purchase new firefighting vehicles and equipment for the Grand Bank district
- Date Modified: