Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Clerks in this unit group write correspondence, proofread material for accuracy, compile material for publication and perform other related clerical duties. They are employed by newspapers, periodicals, publishing firms and by establishments throughout the private and public sectors.
advertising clerk, classified advertising clerk, correspondence clerk, directory compiler, editorial assistant, press clipper, proofreader, publication clerk, reader, translation clerk.
- Classified advertising clerks receive customers' orders for classified advertising, write and edit copy, calculate advertising rates and bill customers.
- Correspondence clerks write business and government correspondence such as replies to requests for information and assistance, damage claims, credit and billing enquiries and service complaints.
- Editorial assistants and publication clerks assist in the preparation of periodicals, advertisements, catalogues, directories and other material for publication; proofread material; verify facts and conduct research.
- Proofreaders read material prior to publication to detect and mark for correction any grammatical, typographical or compositional errors within tight deadlines.
- Readers and press clippers read newspapers, magazines, press releases and other publications to locate and file articles of interest to staff and clients.
Jobs for Correspondence, Publication and Related Clerks in South Coast--Burin Peninsula Region
Job opportunities from Job Bank and contributing job sites are updated daily.
There are currently no job offers available in South Coast--Burin Peninsula Region for this occupation.
Where to look for job opportunities
Job postings can be found in many places: on the Internet, on community bulletin boards, at job fairs or in newspaper
help wanted sections.
Information about available work is often circulated through managers, employees and business associates, as well as through family, friends and acquaintances. Networking Link opens in a new window is one of the best ways to search for jobs.
RSS job search feed
Subscribe to the Canada’s National Job Bank's RSS job search feedLink opens in a new window and receive automatic job posting updates for the location and occupation you have selected.
- Date Modified: