Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Secretaries perform a variety of administrative duties in support of managerial and professional employers. They are employed throughout the private and public sectors.
executive secretary (except legal and medical), private secretary, secretary (except legal and medical), technical secretary.
- Prepare, key in, edit and proofread correspondence, invoices, presentations, brochures, publications, reports and related material from shorthand, machine dictation and handwritten copy using computers
- Open and distribute incoming regular and electronic mail and other material and co-ordinate the flow of information internally and with other departments and organizations
- Schedule and confirm appointments and meetings of employer
- Order office supplies and maintain inventory
- Answer telephone and electronic enquiries and relay telephone calls and messages
- Set up and maintain manual and computerized information filing systems
- Determine and establish office procedures
- Greet visitors, ascertain nature of business and direct visitors to employer or appropriate person
- Record and prepare minutes of meetings
- Arrange travel schedules and make reservations
- May compile data, statistics and other information and may conduct research
- May organize conferences
- May supervise and train other staff in procedures and in use of current software.
Jobs for Secretaries (Except Legal and Medical) in South Coast--Burin Peninsula Region
Job opportunities from Job Bank and contributing job sites are updated daily.
There are currently no job offers available in South Coast--Burin Peninsula Region for this occupation.
Where to look for job opportunities
Job postings can be found in many places: on the Internet, on community bulletin boards, at job fairs or in newspaper
help wanted sections.
Information about available work is often circulated through managers, employees and business associates, as well as through family, friends and acquaintances. Networking Link opens in a new window is one of the best ways to search for jobs.
RSS job search feed
Subscribe to the Canada’s National Job Bank's RSS job search feedLink opens in a new window and receive automatic job posting updates for the location and occupation you have selected.
- Date Modified: