Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Bookkeepers maintain complete sets of books, keep records of accounts, verify the procedures used for recording financial transactions, and provide personal bookkeeping services. They are employed throughout the private and public sectors, or they may be self-employed.
- Keep financial records and establish, maintain and balance various accounts using manual and computerized bookkeeping systems
- Post journal entries and reconcile accounts, prepare trial balance of books, maintain general ledgers and prepare financial statements
- Calculate and prepare cheques for payrolls and for utility, tax and other bills
- Complete and submit tax remittance forms, workers' compensation forms, pension contribution forms and other government documents
- Prepare tax returns and perform other personal bookkeeping services
- Prepare other statistical, financial and accounting reports.
Outlook & Prospects for Bookkeepers in South Coast--Burin Peninsula Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|South Coast--Burin Peninsula Region||2012-04-24|
Employment prospects for Bookkeepers are expected to be GOOD in 2012-2013.
Bookkeepers are employed by a large number of employers of varying size, in a wide range of industries across the South Coast - Burin region. As with most such occupations, there will be frequent job openings due to normal turnover.
Local Labour Market News
Week of Apr 29 – May 03, 2013
- Eastern Health has started renovations to the Burin Peninsula Health Care Centre. Work to the central registration area is expected to be completed within two weeks.
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
- Renovations estimated at $740,000 have been completed at the Health Care Centre in Conne River. All public health and community care programs are now offered through the Conne River Health Centre.
Week of Apr 08 – Apr 12, 2013
Week of Feb 25 – Mar 01, 2013
- Date Modified: