Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Construction managers plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the activities of a construction company or a construction department within a company, under the direction of a general manager or other senior manager. They are employed by residential, commercial and industrial construction companies and by construction departments of companies outside the construction industry.
commercial construction manager, construction manager, construction superintendent, general contractor, housing construction manager, industrial construction manager, pipeline construction manager, project manager, construction, residential construction manager.
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate construction projects from start to finish according to schedule, specifications and budget
- Prepare and submit construction project budget estimates
- Plan and prepare construction schedules and milestones and monitor progress against established schedules
- Prepare contracts and negotiate revisions, changes and additions to contractual agreements with architects, consultants, clients, suppliers and subcontractors
- Develop and implement quality control programs
- Represent company on matters such as business services and union contracts negotiation
- Prepare progress reports and issue progress schedules to clients
- Direct the purchase of building materials and land acquisitions
- Hire and supervise the activities of subcontractors and subordinate staff.
Outlook & Prospects for Construction Managers in South Coast--Burin Peninsula Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|South Coast--Burin Peninsula Region||2011-11-07|
According to the 2006 Census, only a small number of people are employed in this occupation in the South Coast - Burin region. Therefore, it is likely that the chances of finding employment in this occupation are LIMITED. This means that there are relatively weak employment opportunities for skilled workers in this occupation. Although employment opportunities are limited in the South Coast - Burin region, opportunities may exist in other regions of the province. People who are interested in work elsewhere should research the opportunities for this occupation in other labour markets across the province.
Local Labour Market News
Week of Apr 29 – May 03, 2013
- Eastern Health has started renovations to the Burin Peninsula Health Care Centre. Work to the central registration area is expected to be completed within two weeks.
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
- Renovations estimated at $740,000 have been completed at the Health Care Centre in Conne River. All public health and community care programs are now offered through the Conne River Health Centre.
Week of Feb 25 – Mar 01, 2013
Week of Nov 19 – Nov 23, 2012
- The provincial government announced $2.9M for infrastructure uprades to Burin-Placentia West. With financial contributions from Burin, Marystown and Parker's Cove, the total investment is $3.5M.
- Date Modified: