Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Government managers in this unit group plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the development and administration of elementary, secondary and post-secondary education policies and programs. They are employed by government departments and agencies.
director, education curriculum development, director, education policy analysis and research, director, school inspection, education director, manager, education program administration.
- Participate in the development of education policy by providing advice to senior government managers
- Organize departmental unit and establish procedures to meet departmental objectives set by senior management
- Direct and advise policy researchers or program officers conducting research, preparing documents or administering programs for elementary and secondary school systems
- Plan, administer and control budgets for projects, programs, support services and equipment
- Organize and direct committees and working groups to plan, manage or evaluate education projects and programs
- Interview, hire and provide training for staff.
Wages for Government Managers – Education Policy Development and Program Administration in South Coast--Burin Peninsula Region
Wages depend on job requirements and work conditions. They also vary between regions, for reasons such as location, labour agreements, and the availability of workers. The wages below are estimated before taxes.
|Newfoundland and Labrador||N/A||N/A||N/A||Note|
|Avalon Peninsula Region||N/A||N/A||N/A||Note|
|Notre Dame-Central-Bonavista Bay Region||N/A||N/A||N/A||Note|
|South Coast--Burin Peninsula Region||N/A||N/A||N/A||Note|
|West Coast--Northern Peninsula--Labrador Region||N/A||N/A||N/A||Note|
- Date Modified: