Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Workers in this unit group prepare meat and poultry for further processing, for packaging or for marketing. They are employed in meat and poultry slaughtering, processing and packing establishments.
beef boner, ham cutter, industrial butcher, industrial meat cutter, meat trimmer, poultry preparer, slaughterer.
- Industrial butchers slaughter livestock using stunning devices and knives; skin, clean and trim carcasses; remove viscera and other inedible parts from carcasses; split carcasses into smaller portions to facilitate handling; and may slaughter cattle, calves and sheep as prescribed by religious laws.
- Industrial meat cutters cut beef, lamb, pork or veal carcasses or sides or quarters of carcasses into primal cuts for further cutting, processing or packaging; remove bones from meat; and cut meat and poultry into specific cuts for institutional, commercial or other wholesale use.
- Poultry preparers slaughter poultry and remove inedible parts; remove feathers and singe and wash poultry to prepare for further processing or packaging.
- Trimmers remove skin, excess fat, bruises or other blemishes from carcasses or meat portions.
Outlook & Prospects for Industrial Butchers and Meat Cutters, Poultry Preparers and Related Workers in Notre Dame-Central-Bonavista Bay Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Notre Dame-Central-Bonavista Bay Region||N/A||N/A|
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Feb 17 - Feb 21, 2014
- Pregnant women in Grand Falls-Windsor will have to travel to Gander for obstetrical services from February 20-25 to allow staff at the hospital to move into their new Operating Room(OR). One OR will remain open for emergencies.
- The Marathon Gold Corporation has confirmed approximately 1-million ounces of gold at Valentine Lake and multiple gold deposits at its Victory location in central NL. The company expects to see Rambler Metals and Mining to invest in the find.
- Rambler's Ming Mine on the Baie Verte Peninsula expects to be in production for one additional year. The company's find of gold was larger than expected.
- Canadian Blood Services will be closing its collection centre in Grand Falls-Windsor on February 13. New mobile blood donor clinics will be used to service the town. The closure will affect 10 part-time employees.
- The provincial government has invested $279,000 in funding to the Alpine Development Alliance Corporation to support winter recreation projects in Clarenville
- Date Modified: