Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Workers in this unit group prepare meat and poultry for further processing, for packaging or for marketing. They are employed in meat and poultry slaughtering, processing and packing establishments.
beef boner, ham cutter, industrial butcher, industrial meat cutter, meat trimmer, poultry preparer, slaughterer.
- Industrial butchers slaughter livestock using stunning devices and knives; skin, clean and trim carcasses; remove viscera and other inedible parts from carcasses; split carcasses into smaller portions to facilitate handling; and may slaughter cattle, calves and sheep as prescribed by religious laws.
- Industrial meat cutters cut beef, lamb, pork or veal carcasses or sides or quarters of carcasses into primal cuts for further cutting, processing or packaging; remove bones from meat; and cut meat and poultry into specific cuts for institutional, commercial or other wholesale use.
- Poultry preparers slaughter poultry and remove inedible parts; remove feathers and singe and wash poultry to prepare for further processing or packaging.
- Trimmers remove skin, excess fat, bruises or other blemishes from carcasses or meat portions.
Outlook & Prospects for Industrial Butchers and Meat Cutters, Poultry Preparers and Related Workers in Notre Dame-Central-Bonavista Bay Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Notre Dame-Central-Bonavista Bay Region||N/A||N/A|
Local Labour Market News
Week of May 06 – May 10, 2013
- The provincial government's Dept. of Fisheries and Aquaculture has awarded $100,000 to Hailey Bear Enterprises of Twillingate and the Canadian Centre for Fisheries Innovation at Marine Institute to test new Twin Trawl Technology
- A provincial government contract of $220,000 has been awarded to Gallant’s Roofing of Benoit’s Cove for roofing upgrades to William Mercer Academy in Dover
Week of Apr 29 – May 03, 2013
- The Fishers’ Loft Inn in Port Rexton on the Bonavista Peninsula will reopen early May with a new conference centre that can accommodate up to 70 people, and up to 200 people for weddings and reunions
- The provincial government has awarded a contract of $246,000 to National Roof Services Inc. to replace the roof at Botwood Collegiate
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
- About 200 fishermen are protesting outside the Golden Shell Fisheries plant in Hickman's Harbour, Trinity Bay. The protestors want the plant to stop buying and processing crab until the price dispute is settled.
Week of Apr 08 – Apr 12, 2013
- Date Modified: