Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Labourers in this unit group carry out a variety of general labouring duties and operate equipment to assist in the drilling and servicing of oil and gas wells. This unit group also includes labourers who assist in geophysical prospecting for oil and gas. They are employed by drilling and well servicing contractors and by petroleum producing companies.
floorman/woman – oil and gas drilling, helper, wireline, labourer, oil field, leasehand, roughneck, roustabout, service rig helper, shakerhand, swamper – oil and gas, well treatment helper.
- Manipulate sections of pipe or drill stem at the rig floor during drilling and during the removal and replacement of strings of pipe or drill stem and drill bit
- Maintain drilling equipment on the drill floor
- Handle, sort and move drill tools, pipe, cement and other materials
- Clean up the rig area
- Assist in setting up, taking down and transporting drilling and service rigs and service equipment
- May drive a truck to transport materials and well service equipment.
Jobs for Oil and Gas Drilling, Servicing and Related Labourers in Notre Dame-Central-Bonavista Bay Region
Job opportunities from Job Bank and contributing job sites are updated daily.
There are currently no job offers available in Notre Dame-Central-Bonavista Bay Region for this occupation.
Where to look for job opportunities
Job postings can be found in many places: on the Internet, on community bulletin boards, at job fairs or in newspaper
help wanted sections.
Information about available work is often circulated through managers, employees and business associates, as well as through family, friends and acquaintances. Networking Link opens in a new window is one of the best ways to search for jobs.
RSS job search feed
Subscribe to the Canada’s National Job Bank's RSS job search feedLink opens in a new window and receive automatic job posting updates for the location and occupation you have selected.
- Date Modified: