Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Supervisors in this unit group supervise and co-ordinate activities of workers engaged in underground and surface mining operations and quarries. They are employed by coal, metal and non-metallic mineral mines and quarries.
fill foreman/woman, foreman/woman, underground mine, level boss, mine captain, mine foreman/woman, shift boss, supervisor, mine, supervisor, quarry, supervisor, surface mine, track boss, yard boss.
- Supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of workers who extract coal, minerals and ore; operate underground conveyances; and perform other services in support of underground mining, or of heavy equipment operators, drillers, blasters and other workers in surface mining and quarrying
- Establish methods to meet work schedules and confer with managerial and technical personnel, other departments and contractors to resolve problems and co-ordinate activities
- Oversee the safety of the mining or quarrying operation
- Resolve work problems and recommend measures to improve productivity
- Requisition materials and supplies
- Train workers in job duties, safety procedures and company policies
- Recommend personnel actions such as hirings and promotions
- Prepare production and other reports.
Outlook & Prospects for Supervisors, Mining and Quarrying in Notre Dame-Central-Bonavista Bay Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Notre Dame-Central-Bonavista Bay Region||N/A||N/A|
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Nov 11 - Nov 15, 2013
- Rambler Metals and Mining is aggressively looking at options to re-open the Little Deer and Whalesback copper mines in Green Bay. Rambler plans to work on these properties in 2014.
- Teck Resources' Duck Pond mine, near Millertown has added an open pit mine to its operations. The contract for the mine has been awarded to Adams Construction of Bishop's Falls. Thirty-five seasonal workers now have full-time work.
- The last of about 90 layoffs at the Beaver Brook antimony mine in central¿Newfoundland came into effect this week. Only about 10 workers have been kept on for maintenance and potential exploration work.
- Thundermin Resources of Toronto and partner Cornerstone Resources of Mt. Pearl will determine the viability of the copper mine near Springdale. Castillian Resources of Toronto will start an exploration program for the gold discovery near Port Aux Basques.
- An exploration program for potash will be carried out south of Stephenville in the Bay St. George area. Red Moon Potash, a division of Vulcan Minerals, plans to spend approximately $5M on this venture over the next couple of years.
- Date Modified: