Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Air transport ramp attendants operate ramp-servicing vehicles and equipment, handle cargo and baggage and perform other ground support duties at airports. They are employed by airline and air services companies and the federal government.
aircraft groomer, airport ramp attendant, cargo attendant, air transport, ramp agent, air transport, ramp attendant, air transport, station attendant, air transport.
- Drive and operate ramp-servicing vehicles and equipment such as towing tractors, food service trucks, de-icer sprayers and lavatory servicing trucks
- Position passenger loading stairs and operate aircraft cargo doors
- Marshal or tow aircrafts to gate positions for passenger boarding and deplaning and for loading and unloading of cargo
- Sort and load cargo and passenger baggage according to instructions forwarded by load planner to achieve proper balance
- Unload, sort and route cargo and baggage
- Transport freight between aircraft and airport warehouse
- Clean and prepare aircraft interior for passengers and wash aircraft exterior.
Outlook & Prospects for Air Transport Ramp Attendants in Notre Dame-Central-Bonavista Bay Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Notre Dame-Central-Bonavista Bay Region||N/A||N/A|
Local Labour Market News
Week of Jan 21 – Jan 25, 2013
- Cottles Island Lumber Company in Notre Dame Bay is in immediate need of trucks and trailers to haul wood to Corner Brook and its saw milling operation near Summerford. The company is also looking for millwrights and labourers.
Week of Jan 14 – Jan 18, 2013
- Air Canada will increase its capacity for its morning departure from Gander to Halifax to meet the rising demand
- Date Modified: