Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Bricklayers lay bricks, concrete blocks, stone and other similar materials to construct or repair walls, arches, chimneys, fireplaces and other structures in accordance with blueprints and specifications. They are employed by construction companies and bricklaying contractors or they may be self-employed.
apprentice bricklayer, bricklayer, brickmason, refractory bricklayer, stonecutter, stonemason.
- Read sketches and blueprints to calculate materials required
- Cut and trim bricks and concrete blocks to specification using hand and power tools
- Prepare and lay bricks, concrete blocks, stone, structural tiles and similar materials to construct or repair walls, foundations and other structures in residential, industrial and commercial construction
- Lay bricks or other masonry units to build residential or commercial chimneys and fireplaces
- Lay radial bricks to build masonry shells of industrial chimneys
- Lay or install firebricks to line industrial chimneys and smokestacks
- Line or reline furnaces, kilns, boilers and similar installations using refractory or acid-resistant bricks, refractory concretes, plastic refractories and other materials
- Lay bricks, stone or similar materials to provide veneer facing to walls or other surfaces
- Construct and install prefabricated masonry units
- Lay bricks or other masonry units to build patios, garden walls and other decorative installations
- May restore, clean or paint existing masonry structures.
Outlook & Prospects for Bricklayers in Notre Dame-Central-Bonavista Bay Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Notre Dame-Central-Bonavista Bay Region||N/A||N/A|
Local Labour Market News
Week of Apr 29 – May 03, 2013
- The provincial government has awarded a contract of $246,000 to National Roof Services Inc. to replace the roof at Botwood Collegiate
Week of Apr 01 – Apr 05, 2013
- The provincial government has awarded a $369,000 contract to LSG Construction Ltd. for roof repairs at Leo Burke Academy in Bishop’s Falls. The work is expected to be completed this summer.
Week of Nov 26 – Nov 30, 2012
- LSG Construction Limited of Gander was awarded a $137,000 tender to replace the gymnasium roof at Lumsden Academy in Bonavista
Week of Nov 12 – Nov 16, 2012
- The Newfoundland and Labrador Housing Corporation has awarded a contract of $136,000 for upgrades to eight social housing units in Grand Falls-Windsor and another contact worth $84,000 for upgrades to seven units in Point Leamington
- The provincial government has announced an investment of $1.6M to support enhanced infrastructure for municipalities in the District of Baie Verte-Springdale
- Date Modified: