Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Cable television service technicians install, maintain and repair cable and satellite television and Internet signal and associated equipment in homes and commercial buildings. Cable television maintenance technicians maintain and repair cable television transmission and distribution systems and associated hardware. They are employed by cable and satellite television companies.
CATV technician, apprentice community antenna television (CATV) technician, cable television installer, cablevision servicer, direct broadcast satellite (DBS) technician – cable television, installation technician, cable television, maintenance technician, cable television.
- Communicate with subscribers and company personnel to determine work assignments
- Connect, disconnect and relocate cable outlets, install splitters, converters, decoders, satellite and pay TV equipment, and install other cable hardware and systems at subscriber's premises
- Install cable modems and software to enable Internet access at subscriber's premises
- Inspect, test and repair cable and satellite television signals and associated equipment at subscriber's premises.
- Maintain and repair main aerial and underground coaxial and fibre optic cable television transmission lines, trunking and related distribution and interconnecting systems including power supplies and amplifiers
- Inspect, monitor, test and adjust cable transmission and distribution systems
- Repair or replace faulty cables, power supplies, amplifiers and other associated transmission and distribution equipment
- Climb and work aloft on poles, ladders or other support structures
- Communicate with other workers to co-ordinate the preparation and completion of work assignments.
Jobs for Cable Television Service and Maintenance Technicians in Notre Dame-Central-Bonavista Bay Region
Job opportunities from Job Bank and contributing job sites are updated daily.
There are 2 job postings in Notre Dame-Central-Bonavista Bay Region.
|Date Posted||Job Title||Employer||Location||Source|
|2013-05-10||Cable Television Service Installation Technician||CABLE LYNC||
|2013-04-25||CATV (Community Antenna Television) Installation Technician - Telecommunications||Frontier Technologies||
Where to look for job opportunities
Job postings can be found in many places: on the Internet, on community bulletin boards, at job fairs or in newspaper
help wanted sections.
Information about available work is often circulated through managers, employees and business associates, as well as through family, friends and acquaintances. Networking Link opens in a new window is one of the best ways to search for jobs.
RSS job search feed
Subscribe to the Canada’s National Job Bank's RSS job search feedLink opens in a new window and receive automatic job posting updates for the location and occupation you have selected.
- Date Modified: