Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Telecommunications line and cable workers install, repair and maintain telecommunication lines and cables. They are employed by cable television companies and by telephone and other telecommunications services.
apprentice lineman/woman – telecommunications, cable repairer, telecommunications, communication technician – construction, construction technician – cable television, lineman/woman, telecommunications, splicer technician – telephone, telecommunications line installer, telephone line technician.
- Install, remove, maintain and repair aerial and underground telephone and other telecommunication transmission and distribution lines, cables and associated hardware
- Install (but do not repair or maintain) cable television lines and cables
- Splice and repair various types and sizes of telephone and other telecommunication cables including single line, coaxial and fibre optic
- Inspect and test telecommunication transmission lines and cables for transmission characteristics and to locate faults
- Analyze and record test results
- Climb and work aloft on poles, ladders or other support structures or work in confined spaces such as trenches, tunnels and crawl spaces
- Communicate with other workers to co-ordinate the preparation and completion of work assignments
- Assist in the erection and removal of telecommunication poles, towers and associated support structures
- May operate excavation machinery and other heavy equipment.
Jobs for Telecommunications Line and Cable Workers in Notre Dame-Central-Bonavista Bay Region
Job opportunities from Job Bank and contributing job sites are updated daily.
There are 1 job postings in Notre Dame-Central-Bonavista Bay Region.
|Date Posted||Job Title||Employer||Location||Source|
|2013-05-08||Cable Repair Technician - Telecommunications||Eastlink||
Where to look for job opportunities
Job postings can be found in many places: on the Internet, on community bulletin boards, at job fairs or in newspaper
help wanted sections.
Information about available work is often circulated through managers, employees and business associates, as well as through family, friends and acquaintances. Networking Link opens in a new window is one of the best ways to search for jobs.
RSS job search feed
Subscribe to the Canada’s National Job Bank's RSS job search feedLink opens in a new window and receive automatic job posting updates for the location and occupation you have selected.
- Date Modified: