Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Ticket agents, cargo service representatives and related clerks (except airline), quote fares and rates, make reservations, issue tickets, process cargo shipment, check baggage and perform other related customer service duties to assist travellers. They are employed by bus and railway companies, freight forwarding and shipping companies, boat cruise operators and other public transit establishments and by travel wholesalers.
bus ticket agent, cargo customer service representative, counter service agent, railway, railway passenger agent, reservations clerk, railway, ticket agent (except airline).
- Answer customer inquiries, quote fares and assist clients in planning travel times and routes
- Reserve seats for tour companies, travel agencies, wholesalers and the general public
- Issue tickets, handle cash transactions and check baggage
- Receive and record bookings for package tours from retail travel agencies and supply information regarding available vacancies when working for wholesale travel companies.
- Quote fare and rates for cargo shipment
- Compute shipment costs including charges for services and insurance using rate tables and schedules and prepare and maintain shipping and other documents
- Check in passenger baggage and sort for loading by baggage handlers or may load baggage directly into buses, railway cars or cruise ships
- Trace lost or misdirected passenger baggage or cargo shipment.
Outlook & Prospects for Ticket Agents, Cargo Service Representatives and Related Clerks (Except Airline) in Notre Dame-Central-Bonavista Bay Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Notre Dame-Central-Bonavista Bay Region||N/A||N/A|
Local Labour Market News
Week of Apr 29 – May 03, 2013
- The Fishers’ Loft Inn in Port Rexton on the Bonavista Peninsula will reopen early May with a new conference centre that can accommodate up to 70 people, and up to 200 people for weddings and reunions
- The provincial government has awarded a contract of $246,000 to National Roof Services Inc. to replace the roof at Botwood Collegiate
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
- About 200 fishermen are protesting outside the Golden Shell Fisheries plant in Hickman's Harbour, Trinity Bay. The protestors want the plant to stop buying and processing crab until the price dispute is settled.
Week of Apr 08 – Apr 12, 2013
Week of Apr 01 – Apr 05, 2013
- The provincial government has awarded a $369,000 contract to LSG Construction Ltd. for roof repairs at Leo Burke Academy in Bishop’s Falls. The work is expected to be completed this summer.
- Date Modified: