Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Sports officials and referees observe and enforce rules and regulations governing sporting events, athletic games and sports competitions. They are employed by national, provincial and local sporting commissions, organizations and leagues.
athletics judge, clerk of the course – racetrack, figure skating judge, goal judge, harness racing starter, racetrack timer, referee, sports linesman/woman, sports official, umpire.
- Officiate at sporting events or athletic competitions to maintain standards of play and to ensure that game rules and safety regulations are observed
- Record lapsed time and keep scores during events or competitions
- Judge the performance of competitors, award points, impose penalties for infractions and determine results
- Compile scores and other athletic records
- Establish and maintain rapport with coaches, players and organizing committees
- Verify credentials of athletes or animals engaged in sports or related special events and respond to written protests.
Outlook & Prospects for Sports Officials and Referees in Notre Dame-Central-Bonavista Bay Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Notre Dame-Central-Bonavista Bay Region||N/A||N/A|
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Jul 29 - Aug 02, 2013
- Alexander Bay, Glovertown officially opened a new yacht club with 48 berths at the marina. The club plans to expand the marina to build more berths.
- Date Modified: