Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Agricultural and fish products inspectors inspect agricultural and fish products for conformity to prescribed production, storage and transportation standards. They are employed by government departments and agencies and by private sector food processing companies. Supervisors of agricultural and fish products inspectors are also included in this group.
agricultural products inspector, crop certification inspector, dairy products inspector, fish inspector, fish products inspector, fruit and vegetables inspector, grain inspector, livestock inspector, meat inspector, plant protection inspector, poultry inspector, supervisor, agricultural products inspection, supervisor, fish products inspection.
- Fish and fish products inspectors inspect fish, fish products, fish handling and processing methods and prepare reports and ensure that regulations are followed.
- Fruit and vegetables inspectors inspect fresh and frozen fruit and vegetables at inspection centres and prepare reports on crop production and market conditions.
- Grain inspectors inspect and grade all classes of grain at terminal elevators, monitor the fumigation of infested grain, and examine storage, handling and transportation equipment to ensure that sanitary procedures are followed.
- Meat inspectors monitor the operations and sanitary conditions of slaughtering and meat processing plants and inspect carcasses to ensure they are fit for consumption.
- Plant protection inspectors certify seed crops, oversee the quarantine, treatment or destruction of plants and plant products, and the fumigation of plants and plant product imports and exports.
Outlook & Prospects for Agricultural and Fish Products Inspectors in Notre Dame-Central-Bonavista Bay Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Notre Dame-Central-Bonavista Bay Region||N/A||N/A|
Local Labour Market News
Week of May 06 – May 10, 2013
- The provincial government's Dept. of Fisheries and Aquaculture has awarded $100,000 to Hailey Bear Enterprises of Twillingate and the Canadian Centre for Fisheries Innovation at Marine Institute to test new Twin Trawl Technology
- A provincial government contract of $220,000 has been awarded to Gallant’s Roofing of Benoit’s Cove for roofing upgrades to William Mercer Academy in Dover
Week of Apr 29 – May 03, 2013
- The Fishers’ Loft Inn in Port Rexton on the Bonavista Peninsula will reopen early May with a new conference centre that can accommodate up to 70 people, and up to 200 people for weddings and reunions
- The provincial government has awarded a contract of $246,000 to National Roof Services Inc. to replace the roof at Botwood Collegiate
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
- About 200 fishermen are protesting outside the Golden Shell Fisheries plant in Hickman's Harbour, Trinity Bay. The protestors want the plant to stop buying and processing crab until the price dispute is settled.
Week of Apr 08 – Apr 12, 2013
- Date Modified: