Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Government managers in this unit group plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the development and administration of health care policies, social policies and related programs designed to protect and promote the health and social welfare of individuals and communities. These managers are employed by government departments and agencies.
city medical officer of health, director, health information and promotion, director, housing policy and development, immigration and settlement director, manager, health program operations, manager, social services planning, social services director – government services.
- Participate in the development of health or social policies by providing advice to senior government managers
- Organize departmental unit and establish procedures to meet departmental objectives set by senior management
- Direct and advise health or social policy researchers, consultants or program officers who conduct research, prepare documents or administer programs for individuals and communities in areas such as health and social services, employment and immigration, labour or housing
- Plan, administer and control budgets for research and administration, support services and equipment and supplies
- Organize and direct committees and working groups to plan, manage or evaluate health and social services projects and programs
- Interview, hire and provide training for staff.
Outlook & Prospects for Government Managers – Health and Social Policy Development and Program Administration in Notre Dame-Central-Bonavista Bay Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Notre Dame-Central-Bonavista Bay Region||N/A||N/A|
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Nov 18 - Nov 22, 2013
- As part of the 2013 budget, a new $23M Health Care Facility has opened in Glovertown. The Dr. C. V. Smith Memorial Community Health Centre will replace the older facility that was in Glovertown.
- Rambler Metals and Mining is aggressively looking at options to re-open the Little Deer and Whalesback copper mines in Green Bay. Rambler plans to work on these properties in 2014.
- The provincial government announced over $1M for road upgrades in the area of Trinity North
- The provincial government announced $1.6M in funding to Marwood Ltd., a wood treatment facility in Jamestown, Bonavista. The funding will assist the company in becoming more competitive in the marketplace.
- The M/V Captain Earle W. Winsor vessel that services the Fogo/Change Island area will be going on refit this week for 12-16 weeks. The Beaumont Hamel and the Sound of Islay will replace the vessel with increased runs to provide sufficient service.
- Date Modified: