Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Government managers in this unit group plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the development and administration of health care policies, social policies and related programs designed to protect and promote the health and social welfare of individuals and communities. These managers are employed by government departments and agencies.
city medical officer of health, director, health information and promotion, director, housing policy and development, immigration and settlement director, manager, health program operations, manager, social services planning, social services director – government services.
- Participate in the development of health or social policies by providing advice to senior government managers
- Organize departmental unit and establish procedures to meet departmental objectives set by senior management
- Direct and advise health or social policy researchers, consultants or program officers who conduct research, prepare documents or administer programs for individuals and communities in areas such as health and social services, employment and immigration, labour or housing
- Plan, administer and control budgets for research and administration, support services and equipment and supplies
- Organize and direct committees and working groups to plan, manage or evaluate health and social services projects and programs
- Interview, hire and provide training for staff.
Outlook & Prospects for Government Managers – Health and Social Policy Development and Program Administration in Notre Dame-Central-Bonavista Bay Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Notre Dame-Central-Bonavista Bay Region||N/A||N/A|
Local Labour Market News
Week of May 06 – May 10, 2013
- The provincial government's Dept. of Fisheries and Aquaculture has awarded $100,000 to Hailey Bear Enterprises of Twillingate and the Canadian Centre for Fisheries Innovation at Marine Institute to test new Twin Trawl Technology
- A provincial government contract of $220,000 has been awarded to Gallant’s Roofing of Benoit’s Cove for roofing upgrades to William Mercer Academy in Dover
Week of Apr 29 – May 03, 2013
- The Fishers’ Loft Inn in Port Rexton on the Bonavista Peninsula will reopen early May with a new conference centre that can accommodate up to 70 people, and up to 200 people for weddings and reunions
- The provincial government has awarded a contract of $246,000 to National Roof Services Inc. to replace the roof at Botwood Collegiate
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
- About 200 fishermen are protesting outside the Golden Shell Fisheries plant in Hickman's Harbour, Trinity Bay. The protestors want the plant to stop buying and processing crab until the price dispute is settled.
Week of Apr 08 – Apr 12, 2013
- Date Modified: