Explore Careers - Job Market Report
This unit group includes managers who plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the delivery of health care services, such as diagnosis and treatment, nursing and therapy, within institutions that provide health care services. They are employed in hospitals, medical clinics, nursing homes and other health care establishments.
chief of anesthesia, chief of emergency medicine, chief of medical staff, director of clinical medicine, director of dietetics, director of laboratory medicine, director of nursing – medical services, director of occupational therapy, director of physiotherapy, director of surgery, director, home care services, director, rehabilitation services, medical clinic director, mental health residential care program manager.
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the delivery of health care services within a department or establishment
- Consult with boards of directors and senior managers to maintain and establish standards for the provision of health care services
- Develop evaluation systems to monitor the quality of health care given to patients
- Monitor the use of diagnostic services, in-patient beds and facilities to ensure effective use of resources
- Develop and implement plans for new programs, special projects, new material and equipment acquisitions and future staffing levels in their department or establishment
- Plan and control departmental or establishment budget
- Represent the department or establishment at meetings with government officials, the public, the media and other organizations
- Supervise health care supervisors and professionals
- Recruit health care staff of the department or establishment.
Managers in health care specialize in administering the provision of specific health care services such as dietetics, clinical medicine, laboratory medicine, nursing, physiotherapy or surgery.
Outlook & Prospects for Managers in Health Care in Notre Dame-Central-Bonavista Bay Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Notre Dame-Central-Bonavista Bay Region||N/A||N/A|
Local Labour Market News
Week of Feb 25 – Mar 01, 2013
- Eight new affordable housing units for seniors and persons with disabilities have opened in Springdale. Six of those units were cost-shared by the federal government and the government of NL and two were funded by Vista Place (2005) Ltd.
Week of Feb 04 – Feb 08, 2013
Week of Jan 21 – Jan 25, 2013
- The town of Lewisporte in Central Newfoundland has been dealing with a shortage of doctors. Two of the five doctors currently practicing at a medical clinic in Lewisporte have put in their notice.
Week of Dec 10 – Dec 14, 2012
- Central Health is undergoing staffing changes to make better use of nursing resources. No jobs will be cut and there will be no loss of quality service. Affected RN's will have other employment opportunities within Central Health.
- Date Modified: