Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Financial managers plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operation of financial and accounting departments. They develop and implement the financial policies and systems of establishments. Financial managers establish performance standards and prepare various financial reports for senior management. They are employed in financial and accounting departments in companies throughout the private sector and in government.
controller, director – financial services, director of accounting, finance director, financial administrator, manager, financial control, manager, financial planning and analysis, manager, internal audit services, treasurer.
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operation of an accounting, audit or other financial department
- Develop and implement the financial policies, systems and procedures of an establishment
- Prepare or co-ordinate the preparation of financial statements, summaries, and other cost-benefit analyses and financial management reports
- Co-ordinate the financial planning and budget process, and analyze and correct estimates
- Supervise the development and implementation of financial simulation models
- Evaluate financial reporting systems, accounting procedures and investment activities and make recommendations for changes to procedures, operating systems, budgets and other financial control functions to senior managers and other department or regional managers
- Recruit, organize, train and manage staff
- Act as liaison between the organization and its shareholders, the investing public and external financial analysts
- Establish profitability standards for investment activities and handle mergers and/or acquisitions
- Notify and report to senior management concerning any trends that are critical to the organization's financial performance.
Outlook & Prospects for Financial Managers in Notre Dame-Central-Bonavista Bay Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Notre Dame-Central-Bonavista Bay Region||N/A||N/A|
Local Labour Market News
Week of Apr 08 – Apr 12, 2013
Week of Dec 31 – Jan 04, 2012
Week of Dec 10 – Dec 14, 2012
- Circuit courts will be eliminated in Springdale and Burgeo, with cases from those communities to be heard in Grand Falls-Windsor and Stephenville. No employees will be affected by the changes.
- The Charlottetown Recreation Committee and the Dover Recreation Commission have received a total of $15,000 in provincial funding to assist with upgrades to the Dover playground equipment and for repairs to the Charlottetown community rink
- The provincial government has invested $2.7M towards infrastructure improvements to water and sewer, roads and recreation in Trinity North communities
Week of Dec 03 – Dec 07, 2012
- Provincial government funding of $41,000 was awarded to the towns of Gambo, Glovertown and Musgravetown for the purchase of new fire fighting equipment
- Date Modified: