Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Petroleum, gas and chemical process operators monitor and operate petroleum, petrochemical and chemical plants and monitor, adjust and maintain processing units and equipment in these plants. They are employed by petroleum and natural gas processing, pipeline and petrochemical companies, industrial, agricultural and specialty chemical and pharmaceutical companies.
acid plant operator, cell room operator, chlor-alkali plant, chemical process operator, chief operator – chemical processing, fractionator operator, gas field operator, gas plant operator, gas recovery operator, lead operator – chemical processing, liquefaction plant operator, master operator – chemical processing, panel operator – chemical processing, petroleum process operator, pharmaceutical processing operator, pipeline compressor station operator, process technician, refinery operator, senior operating technician, senior operator – chemical processing.
- Operate electronic or computerized control panel from a central control room to monitor and optimize physical and chemical processes for several processing units
- Control process start-up, shut-down and troubleshooting
- Monitor outside process equipment
- Adjust equipment, valves, pumps and controls and process equipment
- Authorize or co-sign maintenance work orders
- Shut down, isolate and prepare process units or production equipment for maintenance
- Sample products, perform tests, record data, carry out statistical process control on process operations, and write production logs
- Develop operator procedures for normal operation, start-up or shut-down of unit
- Participate in safety audits and programs and provide emergency response when required
- Ensure adherence to safety and environmental regulations
- May rotate between different processing units during shift cycles
- May work in a team with shared supervisory responsibilities and participate in training other workers
- May be cross-trained in a skilled trade and work in the trade during shift cycles.
Jobs for Petroleum, Gas and Chemical Process Operators in North Shore Region
Job opportunities from Job Bank and contributing job sites are updated daily.
There are currently no job offers available in North Shore Region for this occupation.
Where to look for job opportunities
Job postings can be found in many places: on the Internet, on community bulletin boards, at job fairs or in newspaper
help wanted sections.
Information about available work is often circulated through managers, employees and business associates, as well as through family, friends and acquaintances. Networking Link opens in a new window is one of the best ways to search for jobs.
RSS job search feed
Subscribe to the Canada¿s National Job Bank's RSS job search feedLink opens in a new window and receive automatic job posting updates for the location and occupation you have selected.
- Date Modified: