Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Supervisors in this unit group supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers who assemble, fabricate and inspect electrical components, appliances, motors and industrial equipment. They are employed by companies that manufacture electrical products.
foreman/woman, electrical motor assembly, foreman/woman, electrical transformer assembly, foreman/woman, switchgear assembly, supervisor, electrical appliance assembly, supervisor, electrical equipment manufacturing.
- Supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of workers who assemble, fabricate and inspect various types of electrical apparatus and equipment such as electrical appliances, batteries, electric motors, transformers and generators and electrical switchgear and control equipment
- Establish methods to meet work schedules and co-ordinate work activities with other departments
- Resolve work problems and recommend work measures to improve productivity
- Requisition materials and supplies
- Train staff in job duties, safety procedures and company policies
- Recommend personnel actions such as hirings and promotions
- Prepare production and other reports
- May set up machines and equipment.
Outlook & Prospects for Supervisors, Electrical Products Manufacturing in North Shore Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|North Shore Region||2011-06-21|
Currently the chances of qualified Supervisors in Electrical Products Manufacturing finding employment are considered to be fair in the local area. The main reason why the employment potential for this occupation is considered fair is that the current demand / supply situation is in reasonable balance when compared to occupations overall. Part of what restricts opportunities for potential new employees is that companies often fill this occupation by the promotion of those qualified within their existing staff.
In addition to employment opportunities locally, opportunities may exist in other areas of the province or in other regions of the country. People who are able to work elsewhere may want to research the opportunities for this occupation in other labour markets within Nova Scotia and across the country. The future employment outlook for Supervisors in Electrical Products Manufacturing in Nova Scotia is expected to be limited over the next 5 years due to the small size of the occupation in the province.
Additional information on Supervisors in Electrical Products Manufacturing (opportunities in other areas, training, who hires, current job openings, statistics and other information), is available on other parts of this web site.
Local Labour Market News
Week of May 06 – May 10, 2013
- Pictou Lodge is expected to reopen in late May 2013 under new ownership. The seasonal hotel, which had employed about 60 workers, had gone into receivership over the winter.
- Three Guysborough county community groups will receive infrastructure funding from the federal government
- The Lobster Bar, a restaurant, will open in Pictou in June 2013
Week of Apr 29 – May 03, 2013
- The province of Nova Scotia will provide a loan to Pollycello, an Amherst-based packaging manufacturer, to help maintain the 300 jobs at the plant
- Moir’s Costumes & Events will open on Provost Street in New Glasgow this month
- Giant Tiger will open its New Glasgow store in the fall of 2013 at the former Zellers location
- Scotsburn Co-operative Services will close the Farm Services retail store in Scotsburn in June 2013
Week of Apr 22 – Apr 26, 2013
- Construction is expected to begin in the spring or early summer of 2013 on a new recreational and competitive rowing centre on Lochaber Lake
- Marinus Verhagen Enterprises Ltd. will begin building an asbestos disposal facility in McLellans Brook this spring and open it later in 2013
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
- Date Modified: