Explore Careers - Job Market Report
This unit group includes sheet metal, ironwork, welding and boilermaking trade contractors who own and operate their own businesses. This group also includes supervisors who supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers classified in the following unit groups: <i>Sheet Metal Workers</i> (7261), <i>Boilermakers</i> (7262), <i>Structural Metal and Platework Fabricators and Fitters</i> (7263), <i>Ironworkers</i> (7264), <i>Welders and Related Machine Operators</i> (7265) and <i>Blacksmiths and Die Setters</i> (7266). They are employed by structural, platework and related metal products fabrication, manufacturing and erecting companies.
contractor, ironwork, foreman/woman, blacksmiths, foreman/woman, boilermakers, foreman/woman, ironworkers, supervisor, boilermakers, supervisor, sheet metal workers, supervisor, structural metal fitters, supervisor, welders.
- Supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of workers who shape, form and join metal parts or products to specified dimensions and erect light and heavy metal products and structures
- Establish methods to meet work schedules and co-ordinate work activities with other departments
- Requisition materials and supplies
- Resolve work problems and recommend work measures to improve productivity
- Train or arrange for training of workers
- Recommend personnel actions such as hirings and promotions
- Ensure standards for safe working conditions are observed
- Prepare production and other reports
- Set up machines and equipment
- May manage the operations of own company
- May also supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of apprentices, machine operators, helpers and labourers.
Wages for Contractors and Supervisors, Metal Forming, Shaping and Erecting Trades in North Shore Region
Wages depend on job requirements and work conditions. They also vary between regions, for reasons such as location, labour agreements, and the availability of workers. The wages below are estimated before taxes.
- Date Modified: