Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Specialized cleaners clean and refurbish building exteriors, carpets, chimneys, industrial equipment, ventilation systems, windows and other surfaces, using specialized equipment and techniques. They are employed by specialized cleaning service companies or they may be self-employed.
auto detailer, building exterior cleaner, carpet cleaner, chimney cleaner, freight car cleaner, furnace cleaner, laboratory equipment cleaner, sandblaster, septic tank cleaner, upholstery cleaner, vehicle cleaner, ventilation system cleaner, window cleaner.
- Carpet and upholstery cleaners operate cleaning machines to clean carpets, rugs and upholstered furniture on customers' premises or in carpet and upholstery cleaning establishments.
- Chimney cleaners clean soot and creosote from chimneys and fireplaces using hand tools and industrial vacuum cleaners.
- Furnace and ventilation system cleaners clean ducts, vents and filters of furnaces in residences and commercial buildings using hand tools and industrial vacuum cleaners.
- Sandblasters clean building exteriors, tanks, chimneys and industrial equipment using sandblasting, pressurized steam or hydroblasting equipment.
- Vehicle cleaners clean the interior and exterior of automobiles, buses, streetcars, railway cars and subway cars.
- Window cleaners wash and clean interior and exterior windows and other glass surfaces in low-rise and highrise buildings.
Outlook & Prospects for Specialized Cleaners in North Shore Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Provincial Employment Potential Information
The following table identifies employment conditions within Nova Scotia.
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Annapolis Valley Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2011-10-14|
|Cape Breton Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2011-10-06|
|Halifax Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2011-06-21|
|North Shore Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2011-10-05|
|Southern Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2011-10-06|
Labour Market Bulletins
An analysis of the local labour market and an assessment of local employment-related events.
- January 2014 | (PDF, 605 KB)
- December 2013 | (PDF, 539 KB)
- November 2013 | (PDF, 540 KB)
- October 2013 | (PDF, 547 KB)
- September 2013 | (PDF, 240 KB)
- August 2013 | (PDF, 447 KB)
- July 2013 | (PDF, 515 KB)
- June 2013 | (PDF, 436 KB)
- May 2013 | (PDF, 446 KB)
- April 2013 | (PDF, 317 KB)
- March 2013 | (PDF, 234 KB)
- February 2013 | (PDF, 436 KB)
- January 2013 | (PDF, 294 KB)
- Annual Edition 2012 | (PDF, 414 KB)
Provincial / Territorial Labour Market NewsWeek of Feb 24 - Feb 28, 2014
- Urban 30 Blowdry Bar, offering wash and dry, makeup, and nail services, will open at 1727 Barrington Street in Halifax
- Twisted Cobra Yoga & Wellness, a studio specializing in yoga, healing, and meditation, has opened on Pleasant Street in Dartmouth
- Owners of collision repair shops in the Halifax area say there is a shortage of qualified technicians across the industry, which is slowing down the brisk winter business
- A declining population and a shortage of parish priests may result in the closure of some churches in the Antigonish-Guysborough area. The area has gone from 82 to 15 priests since 1996, as the population dropped.
- Date Modified: