Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Specialized cleaners clean and refurbish building exteriors, carpets, chimneys, industrial equipment, ventilation systems, windows and other surfaces, using specialized equipment and techniques. They are employed by specialized cleaning service companies or they may be self-employed.
auto detailer, building exterior cleaner, carpet cleaner, chimney cleaner, freight car cleaner, furnace cleaner, laboratory equipment cleaner, sandblaster, septic tank cleaner, upholstery cleaner, vehicle cleaner, ventilation system cleaner, window cleaner.
- Carpet and upholstery cleaners operate cleaning machines to clean carpets, rugs and upholstered furniture on customers' premises or in carpet and upholstery cleaning establishments.
- Chimney cleaners clean soot and creosote from chimneys and fireplaces using hand tools and industrial vacuum cleaners.
- Furnace and ventilation system cleaners clean ducts, vents and filters of furnaces in residences and commercial buildings using hand tools and industrial vacuum cleaners.
- Sandblasters clean building exteriors, tanks, chimneys and industrial equipment using sandblasting, pressurized steam or hydroblasting equipment.
- Vehicle cleaners clean the interior and exterior of automobiles, buses, streetcars, railway cars and subway cars.
- Window cleaners wash and clean interior and exterior windows and other glass surfaces in low-rise and highrise buildings.
Outlook & Prospects for Specialized Cleaners in North Shore Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Provincial Employment Potential Information
The following table identifies employment conditions within Nova Scotia.
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Annapolis Valley Region||2011-10-14|
|Cape Breton Region||2011-10-06|
|North Shore Region||2011-10-05|
Labour Market Bulletins
An analysis of the local labour market and an assessment of local employment-related events.
Provincial / Territorial Labour Market News
Week of Mar 18 – Mar 22, 2013
- The owner of GeoWash Atlantic hopes to hire additional staff this year for his mobile car wash businesses in Bedford and Sydney
Week of Mar 11 – Mar 15, 2013
- Canadian Maritime Engineering Ltd. of Dartmouth, employer of 150 staff in Nova Scotia, has won a contract to inspect, repair, and maintain cranes for the military across Canada and will also do on-site machining on board the HMCS Halifax
Week of Feb 11 – Feb 15, 2013
- A call centre that helps Nova Scotians access information on community and social services has opened in Dartmouth. The 211 service employs staff with backgrounds in community or social services.
Week of Jan 28 – Feb 01, 2013
- The Centre for Entrepreneurship Education and Development (CEED) opened a satellite office in Antigonish. They are working in partnership with the Antigonish Career Resource Centre (ACRC) as well as the Youth Skills Link Program.
- Two entrepeneurs have opened a new marketing company, YOLO Marketing, in New Glasgow, and have hired two new employees
- Stress Busters Massage Therapy & Wellness will open at 3638 Dutch Village Road in Halifax in February 2013
- Date Modified: