Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Dry cleaning and laundry supervisors supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers in the following unit groups: <i>Dry Cleaning and Laundry Occupations</i> (6681) and <i>Ironing, Pressing and Finishing Occupations</i> (6682). They are employed by dry cleaning and laundry establishments, fur cleaning establishments, commercial laundries and laundries in hotels, hospitals and other institutions.
dry cleaning supervisor, foreman/woman – laundry and dry cleaning, laundry supervisor, production supervisor, dry cleaning.
- Supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of dry cleaning and laundry staff
- Establish and implement production routines and co-ordinate work activities with other departments
- Monitor quality and production levels
- Requisition supplies
- Hire and train or arrange for training of workers
- Oversee the cleaning of suedes, leathers and other difficult items.
Outlook & Prospects for Dry Cleaning and Laundry Supervisors in North Shore Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|North Shore Region||2011-06-15|
Currently the chances of Dry Cleaning and Laundry Supervisors finding employment are limited because only a small number of people in this occupation are employed in the local area. Employment with hotels in the area offer the best potential for employment in the local area. There is little turnover of supervisors at local hospital laundry facilities, and openings are usually filled from within. Private dry cleaners are relatively small and often the owner or store manager fulfills this role. There are have been few, if any, advertised openings in the area over the last number of years.
Although employment opportunities locally are limited, opportunities may exist in other areas of the province or in other regions of the country. People who are able to work elsewhere may want to research opportunities for this occupation in other labour markets within Nova Scotia and across the country. The future employment outlook for Dry Cleaning and Laundry Supervisors in Nova Scotia is expected to be fair over the next 5 years.
Additional information on Dry Cleaning and Laundry Supervisors (opportunities in other areas, training, who hires, current job openings, statistics and other information), is available on other parts of this web site.
Local Labour Market News
Week of May 06 – May 10, 2013
- Pictou Lodge is expected to reopen in late May 2013 under new ownership. The seasonal hotel, which had employed about 60 workers, had gone into receivership over the winter.
- Three Guysborough county community groups will receive infrastructure funding from the federal government
- The Lobster Bar, a restaurant, will open in Pictou in June 2013
Week of Apr 29 – May 03, 2013
- The province of Nova Scotia will provide a loan to Pollycello, an Amherst-based packaging manufacturer, to help maintain the 300 jobs at the plant
- Moir’s Costumes & Events will open on Provost Street in New Glasgow this month
- Giant Tiger will open its New Glasgow store in the fall of 2013 at the former Zellers location
- Scotsburn Co-operative Services will close the Farm Services retail store in Scotsburn in June 2013
Week of Apr 22 – Apr 26, 2013
- Construction is expected to begin in the spring or early summer of 2013 on a new recreational and competitive rowing centre on Lochaber Lake
- Marinus Verhagen Enterprises Ltd. will begin building an asbestos disposal facility in McLellans Brook this spring and open it later in 2013
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
- Date Modified: