Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Dry cleaning and laundry supervisors supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers in the following unit groups: <i>Dry Cleaning and Laundry Occupations</i> (6681) and <i>Ironing, Pressing and Finishing Occupations</i> (6682). They are employed by dry cleaning and laundry establishments, fur cleaning establishments, commercial laundries and laundries in hotels, hospitals and other institutions.
dry cleaning supervisor, foreman/woman – laundry and dry cleaning, laundry supervisor, production supervisor, dry cleaning.
- Supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of dry cleaning and laundry staff
- Establish and implement production routines and co-ordinate work activities with other departments
- Monitor quality and production levels
- Requisition supplies
- Hire and train or arrange for training of workers
- Oversee the cleaning of suedes, leathers and other difficult items.
Outlook & Prospects for Dry Cleaning and Laundry Supervisors in North Shore Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|North Shore Region||(1 of 3 stars)||2011-06-15|
Currently the chances of Dry Cleaning and Laundry Supervisors finding employment are limited because only a small number of people in this occupation are employed in the local area. Employment with hotels in the area offer the best potential for employment in the local area. There is little turnover of supervisors at local hospital laundry facilities, and openings are usually filled from within. Private dry cleaners are relatively small and often the owner or store manager fulfills this role. There are have been few, if any, advertised openings in the area over the last number of years.
Although employment opportunities locally are limited, opportunities may exist in other areas of the province or in other regions of the country. People who are able to work elsewhere may want to research opportunities for this occupation in other labour markets within Nova Scotia and across the country. The future employment outlook for Dry Cleaning and Laundry Supervisors in Nova Scotia is expected to be fair over the next 5 years.
Additional information on Dry Cleaning and Laundry Supervisors (opportunities in other areas, training, who hires, current job openings, statistics and other information), is available on other parts of this web site.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Nov 18 - Nov 22, 2013
- Scotsburn Dairy will stop processing milk at its Stellarton facility in January, and the 10 employees affected will take jobs at the company¿s growing ice cream facility in Truro. Scotsburn will keep its distribution centre in Stellarton, where 29 people work, and its milk processing facility in Sydney.
- Authentic Seacoast Brewing Co. in Guysborough hopes to double its workforce of 20 if a distillery is added to its craft beer brewing operation by the end of 2014. The company continues to increase its beer production as well.
- Heritage Gas is currently extending its natural gas distribution network to the New Glasgow area, with a pipeline to the pulp mill in Abercrombie Point. However, further expansion in the area will only come with a commitment from more customers.
- Outside and recreational workers employed by the town of Truro have a new four-year contract, which will include raises as well as changes to vacation time, sick days, and hours of work.
- East Coast Energy Inc. will explore for natural gas in Pictou County over the next 30 to 40 days
- Giant Tiger will open a store in the former Zellers location in the Amherst Centre Mall in June 2014
- Giant Tiger will open in New Glasgow on November 16, employing about 30 people
- Construction is expected to begin within two weeks on a 60-unit apartment complex on the former West Side School site in New Glasgow
- Several new businesses have opened or expanded on South Albion Street in Amherst recently, including Bordertown Flowers and Frills, Hunter Interiors, and D.R. Polly Used Cars Ltd
- Date Modified: