Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Architectural technologists and technicians may work independently or provide technical assistance to professional architects and civil design engineers in conducting research, preparing drawings, architectural models, specifications and contracts and in supervising construction projects. Architectural technologists and technicians are employed by architectural and construction firms, and governments.
architectural design technician, architectural design technologist, architectural technician, architectural technologist.
- Assist in the development of architectural designs
- Analyze building codes, by-laws, space requirements, site requirements and other technical documents and reports
- Prepare manual and CAD (computer-assisted design) drawings, specifications, cost estimates and listings of quantities of material from conceptual drawings and instructions
- Construct architectural and display models, and 3-D virtual models of architectural designs
- Prepare contract and bidding documents
- May supervise drafters, technicians and technologists on the architectural team
- May supervise construction projects and co-ordinate, monitor and inspect work done by others.
Outlook & Prospects for Architectural Technologists and Technicians in North Shore Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|North Shore Region||2011-06-09|
Currently the chances of Architectural Technologists and Technicians finding employment are limited because only a small number of people in this occupation are employed in the local area. Presently there are very few, if any, businesses noted as employing this occupational group.
Although employment opportunities locally are limited, opportunities may exist in other areas of the province or in other regions of the country. People who are able to work elsewhere may want to research opportunities for this occupation in other labour markets within Nova Scotia and across the country. The future employment outlook for Architectural Technologists and Technicians in Nova Scotia is expected to be fair over the next 5 years.
Additional information on Architectural Technologists and Technicians (opportunities in other areas, training, who hires, current job openings, statistics and other information), is available on other parts of this web site.
Local Labour Market News
Week of Jun 03 – Jun 07, 2013
Week of May 27 – May 31, 2013
- Perry Lake Developments has begun work on Stewiacke River Crossing in Stewiacke. After completion of the residential first phase in July, further residential and commercial development will be added.
- The Farm Services retail store in Scotsburn, scheduled to close in June, will reopen in July under new ownership
Week of May 20 – May 24, 2013
- Pure Energy Solutions Canada Inc. has closed its rechargeable battery plant in Amherst. About 20 workers will lose their jobs.
Week of May 06 – May 10, 2013
- Pictou Lodge is expected to reopen in late May 2013 under new ownership. The seasonal hotel, which had employed about 60 workers, had gone into receivership over the winter.
- Three Guysborough county community groups will receive infrastructure funding from the federal government
- The Lobster Bar, a restaurant, will open in Pictou in June 2013
- Date Modified: