Explore Careers - Job Market Report
This unit group includes those who provide services to management such as analyzing the operations, managerial methods or functions of an organization in order to propose, plan and implement improvements, or analyzing advertising needs and developing appropriate advertising plans. They are employed by management consulting firms, advertising agencies and throughout the public and private sectors or are self-employed.
ISO consultant, advertising account executive, business management consultant, business methods analyst, consultant, organizational analysis, management analyst, organizational analyst, promotion specialist, records management specialist, researcher, organization and methods, senior consultant, operations management.
- Analyze and provide advice on the managerial methods and organization of a public or private sector establishment
- Conduct research to determine efficiency and effectiveness of managerial policies and programs
- Conduct assessments and propose improvements to methods, systems and procedures in areas such as operations, human resources, records management and communications
- Conduct quality audits and develop quality management and quality assurance standards for ISO (International Organization for Standardization) registration
- Plan the reorganization of the operations of an establishment
- May supervise contracted researchers or clerical staff.
- Assess characteristics of products or services to be promoted and advise on the advertising needs of an establishment
- Advise clients on advertising or sales promotion strategies
- Develop and implement advertising campaigns appropriate for print or electronic media.
Outlook & Prospects for Professional Occupations in Business Services to Management in North Shore Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|North Shore Region||2011-06-07|
Currently the chances of qualified workers in this occupation finding employment are considered to be fair in the local area. Fair opportunity exists locally with employers mainly in assessing and proposing improvements to methods, systems and procedures in areas such as operations, human resources, records management and communications. Opportunities are better for those with several years of business experience; vacancies may become available as existing employees decide to retire. Self-employment and contract work is common in this occupational group. Certification for management consultants is available through Canadian Association of Management Consultants (www.cmc-canada.ca).
In addition to employment opportunities locally, opportunities may exist in other areas of the province or in other regions of the country. People who are able to work elsewhere may want to research opportunities for this occupation in other labour markets within Nova Scotia and across the country. The future employment outlook for workers in this occupation in Nova Scotia is expected to be good over the next 5 years.
Additional information on workers in this occupation (opportunities in other areas, training, who hires, current job openings, statistics and other information), is available on other parts of this web site.
Local Labour Market News
Week of Feb 18 – Feb 22, 2013
- Colchester County's Ocean Sonics and Instrument Concepts won a $297,000 federal contract to monitor boat traffic
Week of Feb 04 – Feb 08, 2013
- Pictou County-based online training company, Velsoft, wins contract to provide online learning to ECO Canada
Week of Aug 20 – Aug 24, 2012
- TruLeaf Sustainable Agriculture Ltd. in Bible Hill used a federal government investment to develop a process to grow produce 365 days a year
- Federal government provides $155,000 in funding for two companies in Great Village to develop ocean-measuring systems
- Date Modified: