Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Government managers in this unit group plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate economic policy, research and programs in areas of government activity such as taxation, international trade, labour markets, transportation or agriculture. They also plan and direct policies and programs to promote industrial and commercial business development in urban and rural areas. They are employed in government departments and agencies.
chief, economic analysis, chief, forest resource analysis, customs manager, director, business development, director, economic development, director, economic policy analysis, director, energy market analysis, director, excise tax programs, director, farm products marketing, international trade policy manager, manager, grain market analysis, manager, revenue programs, manager, tax policy research, taxation manager, tourism development director, trade development director.
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the development of economic policy research projects and economic programs
- Participate in the development of departmental policies by providing advice to senior government managers
- Organize departmental unit and establish procedures to meet departmental objectives set by senior management
- Direct and advise economists and other professional staff who conduct economic research, prepare reports or administer programs in areas of government activity such as taxation, international trade, labour, transportation or agriculture
- Direct and advise economic development officers or other staff administering programs to promote industrial and commercial business investment in urban or rural areas
- Plan, administer and control research and administration budgets for projects, support services, equipment or supplies
- Organize and direct committees evaluating departmental or agency projects or programs
- Interview, hire and oversee training and professional development.
Outlook & Prospects for Government Managers – Economic Analysis, Policy Development and Program Administration in North Shore Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|North Shore Region||(1 of 3 stars)||2011-06-07|
Currently the chances of Government Managers in Economic Analysis, Policy Development and Program Administration finding employment are limited because only a small number of people in this occupation are employed in the local area with few potential businesses noted as employing this occupational group. Occupations involved in research and policy development in the areas of taxation, international trade, labour markets, transportation or agriculture are usually located in Halifax, on the provincial level.
Although employment opportunities locally are limited, opportunities may exist in other areas of the province or in other regions of the country. People who are able to work elsewhere may want to research opportunities for this occupation in other labour markets within Nova Scotia and across the country. The future employment outlook for Government Managers in Economic Analysis, Policy Development and Program Administration in Nova Scotia is expected to be fair over the next 5 years.
Additional information on Government Managers in Economic Analysis, Policy Development and Program Administration (opportunities in other areas, training, who hires, current job openings, statistics and other information), is available on other parts of this web site.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Nov 18 - Nov 22, 2013
- Scotsburn Dairy will stop processing milk at its Stellarton facility in January, and the 10 employees affected will take jobs at the company¿s growing ice cream facility in Truro. Scotsburn will keep its distribution centre in Stellarton, where 29 people work, and its milk processing facility in Sydney.
- Authentic Seacoast Brewing Co. in Guysborough hopes to double its workforce of 20 if a distillery is added to its craft beer brewing operation by the end of 2014. The company continues to increase its beer production as well.
- Heritage Gas is currently extending its natural gas distribution network to the New Glasgow area, with a pipeline to the pulp mill in Abercrombie Point. However, further expansion in the area will only come with a commitment from more customers.
- Outside and recreational workers employed by the town of Truro have a new four-year contract, which will include raises as well as changes to vacation time, sick days, and hours of work.
- East Coast Energy Inc. will explore for natural gas in Pictou County over the next 30 to 40 days
- Giant Tiger will open a store in the former Zellers location in the Amherst Centre Mall in June 2014
- Giant Tiger will open in New Glasgow on November 16, employing about 30 people
- Construction is expected to begin within two weeks on a 60-unit apartment complex on the former West Side School site in New Glasgow
- Several new businesses have opened or expanded on South Albion Street in Amherst recently, including Bordertown Flowers and Frills, Hunter Interiors, and D.R. Polly Used Cars Ltd
- Date Modified: