Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Testers and graders in this unit group test or grade ingredients and finished food, beverage or tobacco products to ensure conformance to company standards. They are employed in fruit and vegetable processing plants, dairies, flour mills, bakeries, sugar refineries, fish plants, meat plants, breweries and other food, beverage and tobacco processing plants.
beef grader, beer tester, cheese grader, fish grader, milk grader, poultry grader, product tester – food and beverage processing, tobacco grader.
- Take samples of products at various stages of processing
- Examine ingredients or finished products by sight, touch, taste and smell or weigh materials to ensure conformance to company standards
- Conduct routine tests for product specifications such as colour, alcohol content, carbonation, moisture content, temperature, fat content and packaging
- Grade or sort raw materials or finished products
- Ensure hygiene and sanitation practices conform to policies and regulations
- Advise supervisors of ingredient or product deficiencies.
Outlook & Prospects for Testers and Graders, Food and Beverage Processing in Saint John--St. Stephen Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Saint John--St. Stephen Region||N/A||N/A|
Local Labour Market News
Week of May 27 – May 31, 2013
- The town of Sussex will spend $650,000 this year on municipal infrastructure. The money will be spent on sewer upgrades and road paving.
Week of May 20 – May 24, 2013
- A $30M seniors complex, Silverwood Estates, in Sussex has received town council approval. Developers are in the process of finalizing municipal service agreements and awarding tenders. Construction is expected to begin next month. The development also includes an early childhood education centre, hotel and retail space. The overall project is expected to take a couple of years to complete, and once up and running will provide employment for 100 workers.
- The decision to move the Co-op grocery store to the empty Sussex Place Mall location has raised interest from other retailers. Atlantic Commercial Properties Inc. confirmed that the Brick has expressed interest in opening a location at the mall. Preparation work is taking place on the future Co-op store which is expected to open in the fall.
Week of May 13 – May 17, 2013
- Soleno, a Québec-based corrugated polyethylene pipe manufacturing company in McAdam received a $125,000 provincial subsidy to expand it's production line. The company also intends to invest a further $250,000 to upgrade production equipment. The company hopes to hire between four and eight additional employees and create spinoff opportunities for local companies that support the plant.
- Corridor Resources has announced plans to drill new gas wells in the Sussex area next year. The company has invested around $500M in New Brunswick to date resulting in 30 gas producing wells.
Week of Apr 29 – May 03, 2013
- The Milltown Elementary School near St. Stephen is holding a Job and Community Fair with the focus on helping families of their students. Major employers of Charlotte county such as Ganong Bros. Ltd., Cooke Aquaculture Inc., and Connors Bros. Ltd. will attend. Local service agencies focused on helping unemployed people overcome barriers to employment will also be present. The event will be held in the school gymnasium on May 16 from 2:00 to 7:00 pm.
- Date Modified: