Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Supervisors in this unit group supervise and co-ordinate the activities of hotel accommodation service clerks, theatre ushers and attendants, reservation clerks, sports and recreation club workers, commissionaires, security guards and other service workers not elsewhere classified. They are employed by service establishments throughout the public and private sectors.
campground supervisor, hotel clerk supervisor, parking lot supervisor, reservations supervisor, supervisor, clubhouse attendants, supervisor, commissionaires, supervisor, security guards, supervisor, ski lift attendants, supervisor, theatre attendants, supervisor, ticket takers, tour guide supervisor, travel clerk supervisor.
- Co-ordinate, assign and review the work of hotel, motel and other accommodation services clerks, theatre ushers and attendants, reservation clerks, sports and recreation club workers, commissionaires, and other service workers not elsewhere classified
- Establish work schedules and procedures and co-ordinate activities with other work units or departments
- Resolve work-related problems and prepare and submit progress and other reports
- Hire and train staff in job duties, safety procedures and company policies
- Requisition supplies and materials
- Ensure smooth operation of computer systems, equipment and machinery, and arrange for maintenance and repair work
- May perform the same duties as workers supervised.
Outlook & Prospects for Other Service Supervisors in Saint John--St. Stephen Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Saint John--St. Stephen Region||N/A||N/A|
Local Labour Market News
Week of Mar 04 – Mar 08, 2013
- Pump Nightclub in Saint John will close March 30, 2013
- Saint John is considering a new 4-plex arena complex that could be built on the city's waterfront
Week of Oct 22 – Oct 26, 2012
- Saint John council reduced its street plows by 3 and sidewalk-clearing units by 5 for the upcoming snow removal season due to budget pressures. Residents have been advised they may have to wait additional time for streets to be cleared depending on where they live.
Week of Jul 16 – Jul 20, 2012
- Provincial government announces payroll rebate for Genesys Laboratories Canada, creating 30 jobs in Saint John
Week of Jun 18 – Jun 22, 2012
- Date Modified: