Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Supervisors in this unit group supervise and co-ordinate the activities of hotel accommodation service clerks, theatre ushers and attendants, reservation clerks, sports and recreation club workers, commissionaires, security guards and other service workers not elsewhere classified. They are employed by service establishments throughout the public and private sectors.
campground supervisor, hotel clerk supervisor, parking lot supervisor, reservations supervisor, supervisor, clubhouse attendants, supervisor, commissionaires, supervisor, security guards, supervisor, ski lift attendants, supervisor, theatre attendants, supervisor, ticket takers, tour guide supervisor, travel clerk supervisor.
- Co-ordinate, assign and review the work of hotel, motel and other accommodation services clerks, theatre ushers and attendants, reservation clerks, sports and recreation club workers, commissionaires, and other service workers not elsewhere classified
- Establish work schedules and procedures and co-ordinate activities with other work units or departments
- Resolve work-related problems and prepare and submit progress and other reports
- Hire and train staff in job duties, safety procedures and company policies
- Requisition supplies and materials
- Ensure smooth operation of computer systems, equipment and machinery, and arrange for maintenance and repair work
- May perform the same duties as workers supervised.
Outlook & Prospects for Other Service Supervisors in Saint John--St. Stephen Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Saint John--St. Stephen Region||N/A||N/A|
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Nov 11 - Nov 15, 2013
- The ExxonMobil call centre located in the old Loch Lomond Mall in Saint John will close by June 2014, thus eliminating 210 jobs from the city. The company operates two call centres in New Brunswick employing 1100 people, the other being in Moncton with 900 employees. With the closure of the Saint John call centre ExxonMobil plans to consolidate its operation to the Moncton location. Some of the displaced workers from Saint John may have opportunity to transfer to Moncton.
- Starting in February 2014, Iron Mountain, a Boston-based data protection and storage company, will phase out its call centre operations in Saint John. The call centre, located at the Loch Lomond Mall, employs about 200 people and is expected to be fully shut down by December 2014. Saint John has many call centres including companies IBM, Sitel, Air Canada, TD, Unilever, Irving and Sykes Enterprises. About 4000 jobs are associated to the call centre industry in Saint John.
- The closure of the TD Insurance location in Peterborough Ontario could mean that some displaced workers may opt to transfer to the Toronto or Saint John TD Insurance locations. The Peterborough closure affects 67 positions, but it is not known how many displaced workers may decide to transfer to the Saint John location. TD Insurance opened its call centre in Rothesay four years ago. The call centre currently employs 450 full-time and part-time employees in Saint John.
- Pivotal Sales, a Montréal-based provider of merchant services such as point-of-sale terminals, announced closure of the call centre located in Saint John. The company had operated for less than three years and had plans when it opened to hire up to 150 staff in addition to the 30 employees working at the time.
- Date Modified: