Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Letter carriers sort and deliver mail, record delivery of registered mail and collect money for cash-on-delivery parcels. Letter carriers are employed by Canada Post Corporation.
- Organize mail by address and load into mailbag
- Deliver letters, small parcels and other printed matter along established routes
- Deliver telegrams, special delivery and express mail
- Collect payment for cash-on-delivery service
- Record delivery of registered mail
- Leave notices that items could not be delivered and the location where they can be picked up
- Return undeliverable mail to postal station.
Outlook & Prospects for Letter Carriers in Saint John--St. Stephen Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Saint John--St. Stephen Region||N/A||N/A|
Local Labour Market News
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
- The Port of Saint John experienced a year-over-year increase in tonnage in the first quarter of 2013. Potash, forest products and container tonnage account for the bulk of the increase.
Week of Aug 13 – Aug 17, 2012
Week of Jun 04 – Jun 08, 2012
Week of May 28 – Jun 01, 2012
- Date Modified: