Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Financial and investment analysts collect and analyze financial information such as economic forecasts, trading volumes and the movement of capital, financial backgrounds of companies, historical performances and future trends of stocks, bonds and other investment instruments to provide financial and investment or financing advice for their company or their company's clients. Their studies and evaluations cover areas such as takeover bids, private placements, mergers or acquisitions. Financial analysts are employed by a wide range of establishments throughout the private and public sector, such as banks, brokerage houses, insurance companies, investment companies, manufacturing firms, trust companies, utility companies and underwriting firms. Investment analysts are employed primarily by brokerage houses and trust companies.
chartered financial analyst, financial analyst, investment analyst, money market analyst, portfolio manager, research associate, financial services.
- Evaluate financial risk, prepare financial forecasts, financing scenarios and other documents concerning capital management, and write reports and recommendations
- Plan short- and long-term cash flows and assess financial performance
- Analyze investment projects
- Advise on and participate in the financial aspects of contracts and calls for tender
- Follow up on financing projects with financial backers
- Develop, implement and use tools for managing and analyzing financial portfolio
- Prepare a regular risk profile for debt portfolios
- Assist in preparing operating and investment budgets.
- Collect financial and investment information about companies, stocks, bonds and other investments using daily stock and bond reports, economic forecasts, trading volumes, financial periodicals, securities manuals, company financial statements and other financial reports and publications
- Examine and analyze financial and investment information collected, including profiles of companies, stock and bond prices, yields and future trends and other investment information
- Provide investment advice and recommendations to clients, senior company officials, pension fund managers, securities agents and associates
- Prepare company, industry and economic outlooks, analytical reports, briefing notes and correspondence.
Outlook & Prospects for Financial and Investment Analysts in Saint John--St. Stephen Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Saint John--St. Stephen Region||2011-07-08|
Currently the chances of qualified Financial and Investment Analysts finding employment are considered to be fair in the local area.
Employment opportunities for Financial and Investment Analysts may vary in different communities across the province. You may want to check for specific opportunities in your community. Also, people who are able to work elsewhere may want to research the opportunities for this occupation in other areas of NB or in other provinces across the country.
According to the most recent (2006) Census, this is a medium occupational group with a labour force of 150.
According to the most recent Canadian Occupational Projections System (COPS) Forecast, the average annual employment growth rate for this occupation is approximately equal to the average for all occupations in New Brunswick. Many of the jobs in this occupation can be found in these main industries: 1) Finance & Insurance, 2) Manufacturing and 3) Information & Culture.
This is a relatively small occupational group, and the number of entry level positions is few. Individuals with a proven track record and good reputation will be sought after by financial institutions, brokers and dealers. In the local area, there is a limited supply of skilled analysts, allowing for some opportunities for individuals who have extensive training and experience in this industry.
Having the ability to speak both official languages is beneficial in this industry.
For more information on Financial and Investment Analysts (opportunities in other areas, training, who hires, current job openings and additional statistics), please click on one of the links below or select another option from the left sidebar. Date Published: 08/07/2011
- Date Modified: