Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Electrical mechanics maintain, test, rebuild and repair electric motors, transformers, switchgear and other electrical apparatus. They are employed by independent electrical repair shops, service shops of electrical equipment manufacturers and maintenance departments of manufacturing companies.
armature winder repairer, coil winder and repairer, electric motor systems technician, electrical mechanic, electrical mechanic apprentice, electrical rewind mechanic, electrical transformer repairer, industrial motor winder-repairer, power transformer repairer, transformer repairer.
- Test and observe electrical, electronic and mechanical components and systems using testing and measuring instruments
- Troubleshoot and repair electric motors, transformers, switchgear, generators and other electro-mechanical equipment
- Replace or recondition shafts, bearings, commutators and other components
- Wind, assemble and install various types of coils for electric motors or transformer
- Perform static or dynamic balancing of armatures or rotors by welding, brazing or soldering electrical connections and by aligning and adjusting parts
- Test and repair or replace faulty wiring or components in electrical switchgear
- Test repaired motors, transformers, switchgear or other electrical apparatus to ensure proper performance
- Perform some machining to recondition or modify shafts, commutators or other parts
- Perform on-site servicing and repair.
Electrical mechanics may specialize in working with certain types of apparatus, such as electric motors or transformers, or in performing certain functions, such as winding coils.
Jobs for Electrical Mechanics in Campbellton--Miramichi Region
Job opportunities from Job Bank and contributing job sites are updated daily.
There are currently no job offers available in Campbellton--Miramichi Region for this occupation.
Where to look for job opportunities
Job postings can be found in many places: on the Internet, on community bulletin boards, at job fairs or in newspaper
help wanted sections.
Information about available work is often circulated through managers, employees and business associates, as well as through family, friends and acquaintances. Networking Link opens in a new window is one of the best ways to search for jobs.
RSS job search feed
Subscribe to the Canada’s National Job Bank's RSS job search feedLink opens in a new window and receive automatic job posting updates for the location and occupation you have selected.
- Date Modified: