Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Telecommunications installation and repair workers install, test, maintain and repair telephones, telephone switching equipment and telecommunications equipment related to transmission and processing of voice, video signals and other data over a variety of media including fibre optics, microwave, radio and satellite. They are employed by telephone and other telecommunications transmission services establishments.
apprentice communication electrician – switching, cellular telephone technician, central office technician, communication technician, telephone, exchange tester – telecommunications, line and station installer, telephone, mobile radio installer, private branch exchange (PBX) installer, switch network installer and repairer, telecommunications equipment technician, telephone installer.
- Install, arrange, remove and maintain telephone equipment, wiring and associated hardware
- Test installed telephone systems to locate transmission faults
- Repair or replace defective and damaged telephones, wire and associated equipment.
- Install electromechanical, analog and digital trunking systems, circuits and equipment in telecommunications central offices and switching centres
- Inspect and test trunking systems, circuits and equipment
- Analyze test results and adjust, change or repair switching system, network, associated equipment and software.
- Operate computerized testing systems to conduct service tests on customer lines and equipment
- Determine the nature, cause and location of service trouble
- Initiate the dispatch of appropriate repair personnel
- Complete test reports and maintain test and service records
- May assist repair personnel to test lines, circuits and systems, isolate and clear cable faults and verify records.
- Install, remove and maintain various telecommunications equipment and related systems such as telex and facsimile machines, teletypewriters, mobile radios, cellular telephones, pagers and other related telecommunications equipment
- Configure operating systems and install software for access to the Internet
- Inspect and test operation of telecommunications equipment
- Diagnose and locate equipment faults, and adjust, replace or repair telecommunications equipment.
Jobs for Telecommunications Installation and Repair Workers in Campbellton--Miramichi Region
Job opportunities from Job Bank and contributing job sites are updated daily.
There are currently no job offers available in Campbellton--Miramichi Region for this occupation.
Where to look for job opportunities
Job postings can be found in many places: on the Internet, on community bulletin boards, at job fairs or in newspaper
help wanted sections.
Information about available work is often circulated through managers, employees and business associates, as well as through family, friends and acquaintances. Networking Link opens in a new window is one of the best ways to search for jobs.
RSS job search feed
Subscribe to the Canada’s National Job Bank's RSS job search feedLink opens in a new window and receive automatic job posting updates for the location and occupation you have selected.
- Date Modified: